Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Why do you switch broadheads

I had muzzy an thunderheads when i started..I put a muzzy through a ground hog an it fell apart..I then found slick tricks..good price,great blade locking system.etc..I got Carbon express F15 mechs for turkeys or yotes etc..I dont see me switching from slick tricks anytime soon..But you never know

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Red, i didnt have to make any changes when i shot the montecs or the rages. A well tuned bow should shoot montecs just as it shoots FP's

badger

*Supporting Member*
In 95 - 97 period my buddy and I both experienced muzzy's leaving a blade inside the animal. That's not good for a meal, your hands when gutting, or a butchers band saw. At the end of 97 we both tried Magnus two blades and the following year went to the three blade snuffers. Last time I switched and have no reason to in the future.

I will admit that there's a few on the market that have caught my eye. Those Steel Force heads look mighty handy for causing a major blood leak!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I love change and trying new things so I switch it up quite a bit. Right now I shot rage 2 blade and G5 Montecs. Wouldn't be opposed to trying to Slick Tricks this year either.

i just shoot plain ole home made ones , cheap and do more damage than any store bought head .

i made this statement and nobody has anything to say? no questions like gee ole buddy , what type of head could that be . nutton? im wondering if this is shangrala. or what ever that place is them hippies go to when they get all smoked up on that devil weed ..

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
i made this statement and nobody has anything to say? no questions like gee ole buddy , what type of head could that be . nutton? im wondering if this is shangrala. or what ever that place is them hippies go to when they get all smoked up on that devil weed ..

Could be a site fulla nancy boys?? I already knowed what heads you shoot, I doan need to axe no questions.

Last edited:

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
I've seen pics of the damage your napped heads do, and I've seen your steel heads. You've got talent, Hoot. You're of a dying breed. If we lived closer I think I would be at your house several times a week with a case of 'weiser trying to absorb all the knowledge I could. You're the man, buddy. (p.s. happy birthday)

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hoot, you figure out how to get those obsidian heads to stick on my carbons yet?:smiley_confused_sch