Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

why ?

why is it that sporting goods companies , and production companies dont concentrate at least half theyre effort on firearm deer hunters , when firearm deer hunters make up over 60 percent of the total hunting population . you would think they would lean more towards the bigger consumer base wouldnt ya

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
why is it that sporting goods companies , and production companies dont concentrate at least half theyre effort on firearm deer hunters , when firearm deer hunters make up over 60 percent of the total hunting population . you would think they would lean more towards the bigger consumer base wouldnt ya

Cause most shotgun hunters only buy a pocket full of slugs once a year

It's bowhunters that buy the majority of the stands, sticks, a new bow every 1-3 years, 20 dollar arrows, deer piss, grunt calls, bow ropes, new camo, 10 dollar each broadheads, and on and on. Gun hunters in Ohio are at it for only 9 days with a slug gun. While they make up the majority of the hunters. The only make up a small portion of overall sales.

It's the equivalent of a gun only hunter buying a new shotgun every other year, shooting 20 dollar slugs, and buying 3-4 stands and sticks in a weeks time.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Cause most shotgun hunters only buy a pocket full of slugs once a year

It's bowhunters that buy the majority of the stands, sticks, a new bow every 1-3 years, 20 dollar arrows, deer piss, grunt calls, bow ropes, new camo, 10 dollar each broadheads, and on and on. Gun hunters in Ohio are at it for only 9 days with a slug gun. While they make up the majority of the hunters. The only make up a small portion of overall sales.

It's the equivalent of a gun only hunter buying a new shotgun every other year, shooting 20 dollar slugs, and buying 3-4 stands and sticks in a weeks time.

now i feel retarded , i never thaught about it that way, but wouldl ike to see more muzzleloader and shotgun hunting videos

.-- .- ... / .. / .-. .. --. .... - / --- .-. / .-- .- ... / .. / .-. .. --. .... - ..--.. / - --- .-.. -.. / -.-- --- ..- / .... . / .-- .- ... / .-. . - .- .-. -.. . -.. .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-

Diablo54

Outside
.-- .- ... / .. / .-. .. --. .... - / --- .-. / .-- .- ... / .. / .-. .. --. .... - ..--.. / - --- .-.. -.. / -.-- --- ..- / .... . / .-- .- ... / .-. . - .- .-. -.. . -.. .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-

.-- . .-. . / .- .-.. .-.. / -... .-.. --- --- -.. / - .... .. .-. ... - -.-- / .-. . - .- .-. -.. ...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
..-. .. -. .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / ... --- -- . -... --- -.. -.-- / -.-. .- - -.-. .... . ... / --- -. .-.-.- / -... .-.. --- --- -.. - .... .. .-. ... - -.-- / --- ..- - .-.-.-

Diablo54

Outside
-... ..- -. -.-. .... .- / -... .-.. --- --- -.. - .... .. .-. ... - -.-- / --. ..- -. / .... ..- -. - .. -. --. / --.- ..- . . .-. ... / .--- ..- ... - / -.- .. -.. -.. .. -. .-.-.-

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
What the hell beanie weenie?! :mad:

Sorry a bit tired. I was referring to getting picked on. And you started it without knowing. I opened this thread first when I logged on and thought something was wrong because of all the ..///----.,,= stuff. So I put a thread on "forum problems" saying I was seeing it thinking it was a issue with the site. Then I realized once I went back to this thread that I was a jackass.

I can't even explain it coherently at this point. Just know that I wasn't really giving you crap.

Beentown

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I can take all the crap you can dish out buddy, no worries.

It's just funny to me that you are so friggin confused at this point! :smiley_crocodile:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I was up til 5am so cut a guy a break. And yes I got it a while ago but....I will take my lumps...still a bunch of bastards. :smiley_armscrossed:

Beentown

rrr

i never thaught about it that way, but wouldl ike to see more muzzleloader and shotgun hunting videos

Ugly - check out MidWestWhitetails website, they have some great bow hunts, and then ya can go into the archives for last year and see the gun and muzzy hunts...and thats only for Ohio they cover a bunch of states. Tons of great videos