Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wildlife 2020/2021 Deer Season

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Denny your still young,healthy and strong you still have numerous years in the tank.... Guess I'll wait till you write your final 2020 report then I'll sit down with a bottle of Drambuie and read it....

Hey, well,, I guess I was mainly thinking of compound bow hunting when I originally said that. If's definitely not getting any easier for me as I age and yes, I do kind of consider myself young in a way. I'm now looking towards 60, which I'll be honest, I'm not liking that thought all too much, but it is what it is and I do still feel young at heart most of the time. My body does tell me otherwise though from time to time and I know it wouldn't take all that much to keep me from hunting the way I like to.

So, I do feel just a tiny little pressure in wanting to get me another fair chase bow trophy buck before I can't pull it off no more. That's what prompted my initial response primarily.

I appreciate you wanting to sit down sometime and attempt to go through my journal. Like I mentioned before within it, I cared to be totally transparent and thorough whether the final outcome was good or bad. Hoping that someone other than 'TOO' members, be perhaps inspired, and/or learn from either my mistakes and/or successes.

I will write up my final 2020/21 hunt, then the final analysis report of the my entire deer season. I'll try to get them completed by the end of the week.

Thanks again, Rich! Appreciate it!

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
You three guys inspire me, that's a fact, and I have no corks in not continuing my hunting as long as I can see and get around for the rest of my days. That's what I intend on doing.

I'm sure tho I'll have to grow up one of these days and be a little more smarter about going at it, just like yourselves :)

Fletch

Supporting Member
Denny my brother shot his last deer with his Mathews at the ripe old age of 75... And that was out of a hang on stand... He would have shot more, however his wife got sick.... So I think you'll be ok... Keep plugging buddy...

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
You three guys inspire me, that's a fact, and I have no corks in not continuing my hunting as long as I can see and get around for the rest of my days. That's what I intend on doing.

I'm sure tho I'll have to grow up one of these days and be a little more smarter about going at it, just like yourselves :)
You can cut the days you hunt in half and you’ll still be spending more hours in a stand than most of us. You’re a lean, mean hunting machine!😂

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
You can cut the days you hunt in half and you’ll still be spending more hours in a stand than most of us. You’re a lean, mean hunting machine!😂

That will be tough one cause I absolutely love being in the outdoors during hunting season. My favorite time spent, next to being with my wife & sons no question about it! Besides, I'm trying to make up for all those years I missed out chasing money and not hunting & fishing nowadays. I'm happier now than the days chasing down money, that is an absolute true statement!

Anyways, who won the billion dollar lottery? Not I :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Sorry, I meant to post something in a different thread so, I'll just place these recent TC captures here instead.

WGI_0295.JPG

WGI_0302.JPG

WGI_0006.JPG

WGI_0487.JPG

WGI_0496.JPG

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Monday - January 25, 2021 - 'FINAL DEER HUNT':

I made a promise to follow up with a write up regarding my last successful deer hunt and this will be my attempt in doing just that, however I not to do wish to recreate the information since I originally did a fairly decent job covering those hunts within the newly created forum thread that basically covers everything that I did, such as; any and all preparations, documentation of both of the last two hunts, and the final conclusion or outcome of my last Whitetail Deer hunt of the 2020/21 season.

So, without further ado, if you wish to see and read what took place just prior, during and after the muzzleloader season success of mine, please click on the initial 24 hyperlinks below, which are in chronological order from the date and time of creation within the thread regarding my last two hunts of the season.

Each internet hyperlink will redirect you to the thread I created that also contains specific thread posts pertaining specifically to my last two hunts of the 2020/21 Whitetail Deer season.

Thank you!

1) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

2) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

3) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

4) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

5) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

6) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

7) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

8) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

9) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

10) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

11) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

12) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

13) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

14) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

15) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

16) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

17) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

18) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

19) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

20) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

21) 2020/2021 Harvested Deer Only

22) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

23) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

24) 2021 Muzzleloader Season

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Monday - January 25, 2021 - 'HUNTING SEASON 2020/21 IN REVIEW':

The following information is the final analysis report of my hunting season conducted to the best of my abilities utilizing approximation conservative numbers captured and compiled from within my hunt journal documentation & any field notes.

2020/21 Whitetail Deer Archery Hunting Season - September 26, 2020 through February 7, 2021.

2020 Whitetail Deer Gun Season - November 30, 2020 through December 6, 2020 & December 19 through December 20, 2020.

2021Whitetail Deer Muzzleloader Season – January 2, 2021 through January 5, 2021.

Total Whitetail Deer bag limit for the state of Ohio is 6.

2020/21 Hunting Season Data Report & Recorded Numbers - https://view.publitas.com/wildlifeohio/2020-21-hunting-season-in-review-pdf/

The following below are two separate videos the encapsulates my entire hunting season.

The first video is 2 hours and 38 minutes long of photography captured during my hunts, whether they be still photographs and/or video clips combined throughout my entire hunting season, all compiled in consecutive order by date and timestamp.

The second video is a short version that is 1 minute and 46 seconds long that only shows all field photography captured on each shot taken of the Whitetail Deer harvested, all compiled in consecutive order by date and timestamp.

This final report concludes my Whitetail Deer hunting for the 2020/21 season and I began to transfer over to hunting the elusive coyote for the rest of January, February, March, and April of 2021.

I intend to maintain my hunt journal if/and/or when I do get out for those hunts. I am rather busy currently working on other more important projects. I hope to get out when I can in between those projects, and/or when I have nothing else better to do. I would have already been out if I did not have these pressing projects that need to be completed first.

Thank you for following along! Hoped you enjoyed my sharing my hunting season, and please, do not hesitate in contacting me if by chance you have any questions and/or concerns with any of the information I provided/shared throughout my entire journal.