Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Winter Weight

rrr

Dang...is it just me being a lazy fat ass or are the winter pounds showing up..

:smiley_adfundum:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Same here, dude... I'm about 10 pounds heavier than I was before Thanksgiving. I would work out, but... well... I'm too fuggin lazy. :)

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I'm up to 228, just shy of my heaviest. I do it every winter, then lose it again in the spring. Each year though, it seems to get harder and harder to lose it. I'm getting the wife and I gym memberships for Christmas this year. If I'm playing baseball again this summer, I'm going to be back in some sort of shape. They just opened a new Anytime Fitness 10 minutes from my house and on the way home from work. With Tracie moving to days next month, we'll have more time to spend together and we can use some of it to push each other at the gym. My goal is to be a healthier me and 205 by opening day of our baseball league!

Schu72

Streetsboro
I'm a good +10. We just had a nice treadmill delivered about 3 weeks ago. Plan to be in the low 170s for summer and be running sub 6:40 miles.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
With winter here, my slow season begins. I usually like hitting up my second most favorite hobby, weight lifting. I try and pack on as much weight as I can this time of year! My goal is 215 by March and Im at 205 now. Seems like every summer I end up around 195 and I hate it. It's hard for me to retain weight with burning all those calories hauling ass with a weed trimmer and not staying consistent with my lifting cycles and diet.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I go up and down 15 lbs the time. If I pull a bunch of all day sits and dont take food I shed weight real quick burning calaroies to stay warm. Then I eat like hell between Thanksgiving and New Years to pack lbs back on. Therefore, I am in the peak of my eating like crazy time. When the pants get tight I run more with the lab and watch what I eat/drink till the pants get too loose.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yeah I was down 36 pounds from Sept 15th until T-day and now I have gained 11 back since then. I will drop it again after the 1st. Right now is a time for me not TOO worry about it.

Beentown

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Yep, the pants are a bit tighter right now. I'll shed it in March when baseball practice starts and I'm throwing batting practice everyday. Two things I hate about coaching baseball.... throwing batting practice and parents.

You guys ever play down this way at all? It sucks you live so far away Mike. I'm ready to start coaching, I'd be willing to be the BP guy and work with catchers and first basemen!!! If you ever get to feeling froggy, come down to fish one weekend and we'll get you in a game in our adult league!!!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Damn! I'd love to have you. Our catching coach right now is a great guy but he's hit and miss at practices because of work.
We dont play that far south. Usually the farthest down 77 we go is Meadowbrook.
I'd love to swing down and play some ball though. Everyone in awhile I come out of retirement and pitch a game or two for our local summer league for college kids that came home.
I'm fo sho up for the fishin'!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I fluctuate up or down 10 pounds all year. If it is not snowing, then I put on some weight. When it is snowing, I actually lose weight. Just don't eat or sleep right and burn it off. I probably weigh more in the spring or fall than in the winter usually. I couldn't put on weight if I tried. I HAVE tried. Sometimes I will drink the protein shakes and crap like that if I am splitting wood just in an effort to put on some weight.

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
I am up about 10 lbs.....getting a dang gut on me....I need to start working out again....I don't eat very healthy either ....thats my worst habit.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I was 206 this summer. Two months ago i was down to 181. I'm at 193 right not due to all the beer, bacon, and fried food at deercamp.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'm up to 185 now. Having a messed up under active thyroid doesn't help lol. All through high school playing football I was like Phil, I couldn't gain weight no matter what I did. (Over active thyroid) BTW, weight gainer shakes suck and taste like chalk but if you try them get the chocolate one :D. Then about 30 I started to actually start gaining some. Then when I was 32 I gained like 25lbs. and couldn't get enough sleep and felt tired all the time. Come to find out my thyroid started to slow way down from over working all my younger years. Now I have to take meds to help keep it in line :(.

Pretty funny graduating high school at 125-130lbs and now up to 185 working on the 190 mark lmao.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I was the same way in high school, couldn't gain weight no matter what. Went to college at 5'10" and 160 before coming home 10 weeks later at 6' and 185. Who knew all it took was dining hall food, beer, and munchies makers! ;) By the time I left, I was 6'1" and 215. My biggest issue it eating, I love to eat and I don't eat healthy. I eat as much in a week as some people do in a month. I gotta get control of myself now or I'll die an early death...