Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wisdom Teeth

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Here's a pretty picture for you...

I'm willing to bet I've spent more time in a dentist chair than most of this forum combined in my day. I broke my front two teeth in half at 9 and was given caps until I could get porcelain crowns. I've had two oral surgeries, I had my caps replaced at total of 7 times as a result of breakage, four root canals to relieve pain from the trauma to my mouth when I broke my teeth, and my wisdom teeth removed. My dentist through all of this was a 6’7” 330lbs former defensive end for the 1980 Rose Bowl champion Washington Huskies who had hands like a grizzly bear! When it was time to have my wisdom teeth pulled, he decided to try a new experimental process since I was his most frequent flyer. (I was 19 at the time he removed them.) What he did was use what looked like a punch you’d use to knock out the bolts in a door hinge. After cutting the gum out of the way, he placed his hand on my head/jaw and used the other to push on the punch until the tooth cracked into several pieces and then pulled out the pieces. And I was awake for the entire procedure!!!

When we were done, he asked what I thought about the procedure. I said: “You need to knock people out for that or you’ll have a world of problems.” He says: “What do you mean?” I said: “You’ve done root canals on me while I was awake with no numbing. You did my oral surgery while I was awake. I can handle the noise and such. But when someone who is not used to that hears their teeth shatter, then sees pieces of tooth and blood fly out of their mouth, you’re gonna have pukers and passer-outers on your hands!!!”

I have not been back to the dentist since my crowns were installed. They ground what was left of my teeth into ¼” x ¼” squares, drilled a hole through them into my jaw, installed a metal post, and then attached the crowns. And yes, I was awake for that surgery TOO because it was done the same day as the wisdom teeth. My dentist killed a kid on accident by giving him a little TOO much gas and lost his license, then was busted for prescription pill abuse/sale. I may never sit in a chair again if I can avoid it. The only man I trust to work on my teeth is a convicted felon and I’ve had enough seat time in the dentist chair to last a lifetime.

Oh, and I had braces with springs, keys, rubber bands, and the works!!!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Jesse, I know your dentist. He graduated with my oldest brother in 81'. He went to U of Washington then had a brief tryout with the Redkins as a long snapper. I heard he was practicing down your way and lost his license. His mom used to be the cheering advisor at our school and his dad was a board member. It's a shame he screwed up.

My brother is 6'6". Those two played in the middle on the basketball team. You wanna talk about some underneath domination.

By the way, I was knocked out for this procedure.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Jesse, I know your dentist. He graduated with my oldest brother in 81'. He went to U of Washington then had a brief tryout with the Redkins as a long snapper. I heard he was practicing down your way and lost his license. His mom used to be the cheering advisor at our school and his dad was a board member. It's a shame he screwed up.

My brother is 6'6". Those two played in the middle on the basketball team. You wanna talk about some underneath domination.

By the way, I was knocked out for this procedure.

Small ass world!

He had a knack for finding trouble, so it was no surprise really that he ended up on the wrong side of the law. He was at a bar down south somewhere with his brother who was of equal size and they ended up getting shot following an altercation. If I'm not mistaken, his brother died or was severly wounded whereas Doc just got hit in the leg.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Small ass world!

He had a knack for finding trouble, so it was no surprise really that he ended up on the wrong side of the law. He was at a bar down south somewhere with his brother who was of equal size and they ended up getting shot following an altercation. If I'm not mistaken, his brother died or was severly wounded whereas Doc just got hit in the leg.

Yeah, his brother died. He graduated two years before me. The altercation was at a bar in Myrtle Beach.
He had another brother die also, but I forget how. Kind of a snake bitten family.