Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wolf Creek

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
EHD woes. Traveled a bit, scouted around after our local issues. Wolf Creek has some promising spots, scouted previously. Planned it out, got in at 4 am, hiked in, all set… Nothing seen, only to have 2 groups drive through, one group 🇲🇽 of about 45 guys hooting and hollering, shot at least 30 times came out with no deer. I expect Amish and only saw 2 groups of maybe 6 guys 🤷‍♂️ Was crazy. Saw a few running deer, but no good shots available.

• Wow
Reactions: Mike and Big_Holla

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wolf Creek can be a great area to hunt but unfortunately it gets a lot of early season and rut-timed hunting pressure from a lot of non-locals and nonresidents. By the time gun season rolls around those deer are boogered up pretty good. Sorry to hear it didn’t work out for ya.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Bummer. I use to hunt public almost exclusively even having access to good private ground i chose public. Situations like you are describing happened repeatedly over the past 10 years to me that all but drove me off. The glory and challenge of hunting public land got too frustrating for me and the non resident pressure there has been unreal the past 5 years.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I christened that group that pushes Wolf Creek every year opening day “the Hispanic panic”. They push the whole area and are loud as hell , whistling, barking, hooting, hollering and generally carrying on. I can hear them from my stand and they do rip off a lot of rounds, I have never seen them post hunt and wondered if they ever killed any??
I found a spot in there that uses their antics to my advantage.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I christened that group that pushes Wolf Creek every year opening day “the Hispanic panic”. They push the whole area and are loud as hell , whistling, barking, hooting, hollering and generally carrying on. I can hear them from my stand and they do rip off a lot of rounds, I have never seen them post hunt and wondered if they ever killed any??
I found a spot in there that uses their antics to my advantage.
I was hoping you'd chime in.

• Haha
Reactions: giles