Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wonder what this is

Diablo54

Outside

Attachments

• SUNP0011.jpg
    SUNP0011.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 246
  • SUNP0016.jpg
    SUNP0016.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 199

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Top of the back on a turkey with it's head down?

Skunk?

Big Foot turd?

Porcupine?

Snufulopocus?

Coonie piling bait?

Turtle shell.

Amish horses butt?

Travelocity Gnome?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Diablo.. Did you forget where we were? LOL.. The site received two hits from Google last Friday where someone searched Diablo54 ohio.. Was that you? Just thought it was funny...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ditto to what Adam said?!? Kinda looks like the top of a head like someone messin' with the cam but if it is, they need serious work done down at the barber.

rrr

This could be wayyyyyy off but if you look at the thumbnail, not so much the enlarged image, but could it be the fan of a turkey?

Either that or Bigfoot.

Diablo54

Outside
Diablo.. Did you forget where we were? LOL.. The site received two hits from Google last Friday where someone searched Diablo54 ohio.. Was that you? Just thought it was funny...

Yeah that was me. I couldn't find the site! I tried theohiooutdoors.com that didn't work and I tried Theohiooutdoors into google and Theohiooutdoors forum on google but it still wouldn't come up. It finnaly came up when i tiped in diablo54 ohio though. I cant ever open up this site by just typing it into the search bar at the top I always have to use google. And for some reason i Cant log in at school it just says thank you for logging in D54 then it wants me to type my info in again.

Back to the pic. I don't think its a turkey because a turkey would be on roost at night. I think its....well Idk...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah that was me. I couldn't find the site! I tried theohiooutdoors.com that didn't work and I tried Theohiooutdoors into google and Theohiooutdoors forum on google but it still wouldn't come up. It finnaly came up when i tiped in diablo54 ohio though. I cant ever open up this site by just typing it into the search bar at the top I always have to use google. And for some reason i Cant log in at school it just says thank you for logging in D54 then it wants me to type my info in again.

Back to the pic. I don't think its a turkey because a turkey would be on roost at night. I think its....well Idk...

Yeah. Google is one slow sum beech.. Plus places like ohiooutdoors, ohiogamefish, and OS drown us out.. The forum is still young it takes time to reach the first couple pages on google.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
I noticed the same thing that diablo referred to when trying to login. You either need to type www.theohiooutdoors.com or once logged in click on the forum button. Of you just type in theohiooutdoors.com and then login it acts as if you haven't logged in yet unless you click the forum button.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I noticed the same thing that diablo referred to when trying to login. You either need to type www.theohiooutdoors.com or once logged in click on the forum button. Of you just type in theohiooutdoors.com and then login it acts as if you haven't logged in yet unless you click the forum button.

I have noticed this too. Login and it returns you to the page as if you aren't logged in. But as soon as you click something it shows you as logged in.. A quick google search showed other forums complaining about the same issue. I'll search the Vbulletin ticket system to see if there is a fix. I was looking for a fix and noticed they released V4.07. We are running v4.06. I know what they will tell me if i submit a ticket.. Upgrade first and see if that fixes it.

Hmmm Upgrade.. Will either go good. Or Horribly bad. I'll make sure i have a backup of the site before i do it..

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Off topic, but important to the site traffic. Do we have similar domain names tied to this site? For example, theohiooutdoor.com ? Might not be a bad idea. The domain names don't cost much and they can be forwarded to the appropriate site in case someone misspells the name.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Off topic, but important to the site traffic. Do we have similar domain names tied to this site? For example, theohiooutdoor.com ? Might not be a bad idea. The domain names don't cost much and they can be forwarded to the appropriate site in case someone misspells the name.

Nope. Just the one... The www doesn't matter in the site url. As we grow bigger it may be something to look at though. Right now I'd be happy if google just hurried up and cached the site. The spiders are on here all the time. But they use some funky algorithm and it's more pertaining to time and hits. A catch 22. Were getting there though. Since the 27th of last month I have seen out google traffic pick up 10%.

The key is getting it out there. Links, topics, content. Most importantly links. On like facebook etc.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry for the temporary hi-jack Diablo.

At first glance it looks like the back of a turkey to me...

I am still leaning towards this one too. It is mixed in my initial post of silliness.