Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Workplace safety meetings

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
.....ALL accidents are preventable and YOUR fault.

Thats my company's safety philosophy . As much of a pain in the ass it can become I guess its a better philosophy than just expecting some people to get hurt or killed. I was involved in a pretty bad industrial accident this winter and watched a man get crushed badly between a truck and a catwalk after the truck driver missed the brake and hit the gas. A couple small miracles occurred that prevented a fatality . Its tough to watch one of your own get crushed then lay on the ground beside him talking to him while waiting for EMS and trying to remember all the things he wants you to tell his wife and son if he dies.

I have a Govt. job, so safety meetings are every other month...instead of every month, as a cost savings measure. :smiley_confused_vra

All accidents are about documentation. If you scratch, bruise, wrench or otherwise injure yourself...in a minor fashion, it must be reported (written) as a "near miss". Any other accidents that require medical attention, can have a mandatory drug test and time off with pay. Nearly all of the "time off with pay" accidents result in a new policy that will choke the life out of the most simple job/task. Just the same, after about 4 to 6 months, everyone has gone back to the same old routine and it's work as usual.

Bowhunter57

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
i work at a mine im a foreman and saftey director,so i get to deal with everything first hand saftey meetings everyweek, or more than that if need be.