Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTF is this?

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
07D55E5F-022F-4AA1-B155-324F885B3A4E.jpeg
8B3E552F-4FC3-4194-BD93-199684304E7E.jpeg

Any ideas? Looks like a stem to a piece of fruit. Very solid….could be a squirrel’s sword.😂

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wife found it on the back deck. We had a few people stop buy to give us estimates on some work we are going to have done….maybe one of them dropped it. We don’t have any of them on our property as far as I know.
A squirrel might have carried it there? Neighbors have them?

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
A squirrel might have carried it there? Neighbors have them?
Not sure. I googled it and saved pictures of what the leaves and flowers look like….they bloom in June so we will be using binoculars to search the treetops to find them. They supposedly grow fast and tall…and we have huge oak trees that are well over 100 years old so I’m guessing the reason we never noticed them before is that because the crowns of the trees are so high. I’ll post here if we do find them.👍
On a side note, I told my wife that you can post ANY topic/question on this site and someone will know the answer….it’s like TOO Google!😂😂

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not sure. I googled it and saved pictures of what the leaves and flowers look like….they bloom in June so we will be using binoculars to search the treetops to find them. They supposedly grow fast and tall…and we have huge oak trees that are well over 100 years old so I’m guessing the reason we never noticed them before is that because the crowns of the trees are so high. I’ll post here if we do find them.👍
On a side note, I told my wife that you can post ANY topic/question on this site and someone will know the answer….it’s like TOO Google!😂😂
If not, we can make semi educated guesses as a collective group. If need be, we can make it up. 😁

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Found the trees! While out doing yard sales with the wife, we found one that was flowering, so when I got home, I broke out the binoculars and started looking. There are at least 4 huge trees along my neighbors driveway. His house sits back and it’s all wooded for the first 1000 feet. They are within 30-40 yards of the property line and very tall, so the wind doesn’t have to do that much to get them to blow over to our place. Another mystery solved.😂👍

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Found the trees! While out doing yard sales with the wife, we found one that was flowering, so when I got home, I broke out the binoculars and started looking. There are at least 4 huge trees along my neighbors driveway. His house sits back and it’s all wooded for the first 1000 feet. They are within 30-40 yards of the property line and very tall, so the wind doesn’t have to do that much to get them to blow over to our place. Another mystery solved.😂👍
Do you have something against typing They’re? Doing it once in a paragraph that size is acceptable but twice? I think not!😎