Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WV Double

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Another great hunt in WV. Our second stop produced a distant gobble on another ridge. I have permission to hunt that property so I texted a buddy and he said go get him.
We walked out the ridge calling about an hour later but got no responses and bumped a bird. So we decided to go out on a high knob and listen. My first call from there produced got multiple birds to gobble across a hollow. Then 2 lit up on the ridge we just walked. A few yelps and here they came putting on a small show. They were more interested in getting to the gun barrel. Short and sweet! Mine is 20#, 1 1/8" Spurs and 10 1/4" Beard. I don't have the stats on my buddy's bird but they are bookends.
IMG_1904.jpg
IMG_1897.jpg
IMG_1928.jpg

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Unfortunately it happened so fast and caught us out in the open I had no chance to use my Sasquatch Custom Calls. I promise you Chad, I will use them!
Psssst yea!! Tyler is calling you a turkey hog!!! And said your promises don't hold water!!! Lol

Congrats on a great and quick WV season! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Spencie

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Psssst yea!! Tyler is calling you a turkey hog!!! And said your promises don't hold water!!! Lol

Congrats on a great and quick WV season! Thanks for sharing!

If I left it up to Tyler the turkeys would overpopulate! He doesn't have enough time to hurt the population.
You must take advantage of any opportunity these things give you. Ohio season may not be so prosperous.