Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE XD9 Carry Package...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Ernie - I am not collecting taxes brother. I ain't "the man". lol I understand wanting the subcompact but I think the service lenght is much more appealing. It is only a hair bigger and it makes no difference in carrying (with appropriate holster). I have had both and only kept the service size because of the very little difference in size compared to shootability and capacity.

Here is a comparison:

Service size -

Barrel Length: 4.05"
Overall length: 7"
Thickness: 1.18"
Grip Length: 5.375"

Subcompact -

Barrel Length: 3.1"
Overall Length: 6.26"
Width: 1.18"
Grip Length: 4.75"

For me the overall length is not an issue but it is only .75" longer. The grip (where concealling matters IMHO) the difference is minimal. So you get a gun that is easier to shoot because of longer sight radius, full grip, easier to purchase on drawing, and more capacity.

Beentown

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Ernie - I am not collecting taxes brother. I ain't "the man". lol I understand wanting the subcompact but I think the service lenght is much more appealing. It is only a hair bigger and it makes no difference in carrying (with appropriate holster). I have had both and only kept the service size because of the very little difference in size compared to shootability and capacity.

Beentown
i agree completely with Chucks assessment of the XD series. I owned a sub 40

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Plus for someone on here I will throw in a box of 50 Winchester JHP for free. Hell, I will throw in two Remington Golden Sabres just so you can fill the 4 mags...52 rounds.

Beentown

Status
Not open for further replies.