Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ykw

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The shot was 30 yards, double lung. He weighed 221# field dressed. His inside spread is 13&3/8". He will gross 160+ and not net for shit...lol

More details to come later....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Unreal brother. Greg was right, pictures don't really do that deer justice. When I got the text I was thinking 140ish. He's an absolute hawg!!!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The shot was 30 yards, double lung. He weighed 221# field dressed. His inside spread is 13&3/8". He will gross 160+ and not net for shit...lol

More details to come later....
Great buck Ric.And who cares what he nets anyway Just like to know what the gross score is as that really tells you what he is carrying around.Wild looking rack man.I love it.Congrats!!

Ohiobowhunter1

Columbus
My thoughts exactly. Great example as to what mass does to score. Awesome

And having three main beams on his left side helps too. Notice how the hook end carries throughout each beam on that side. The more I look at it the more I convince myself that it looks like a brow tine only because of its position but IMO I think its another beam.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
To be truthful, when I saw trail camera pictures of this deer I had a different thought. My thoughts were along the lines of "Cool looking deer" or "Looks mature and crazy". I think these pictures really do Character some justice. Not only is he crazy and cool looking, but he is a pig and a half! True monster in my book.

themedic

OHIO
I wana see this deer in person.....how far (minutes) away from Lancaster does Ric live? Who is going to do the taxidermy Ric?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yeah, he's at Derrys now:)

Derry will have him back to me in 5-6 weeks!:pickle:

A veteran deer hunter was there talking to Derry when I walked in with him and said, "WOW! What character!" I said, how'd you know his name? Lmao