Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Young buck

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here is a regular on the camera. He is the only buck I even got on camera in the last two weeks. I think this is the buck last year was dubbed "Ol Stupid". He would just stand out in the open last year. He actually bedded down 75 yards from my stand last year one day. Looks like he is up to his old shenanigans. Standing in front of the camera and wandering around aimlessly by himself is the norm for this guy. Watch and see, this buck, Ol' Stupid, will probably end up being a Booner some day. lol

Attachments

• IM000078 young buck 8-3-11.jpg
    IM000078 young buck 8-3-11.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 215
  • PICT0017 7-16-11 Ol Stupid.jpg
    PICT0017 7-16-11 Ol Stupid.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 211
  • IM000077 young buck 8-3-11.jpg
    IM000077 young buck 8-3-11.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 185

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Here is what OL' Stupid will look like as a 4 yo. I think he scores somewhere in the 20's... lmao

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I caught some footage of another young deer this morning around 7am. Will post it up when I download the videos. Can't edit videos with my dinosaur computer, but I can take some still frames from the footage. I believe this will be his 2nd rack. Just wish i had gotten the truck turned around quick enough to catch footage of the big boy that was heading back to bed in front of him. Dang.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

Here is what OL' Stupid will look like as a 4 yo. I think he scores somewhere in the 20's... lmao

Depending on what kind of movement I have come season I would take that buck if he were 4. Going to push for the three larger bucks on my land but.... gun season. Yep dead buck.

Beentown

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This is the buck I saw this morning. Haven't taken the footage off the camera yet, but this is last year's trail camera picture of him. He looked very similar this year, just bigger. Kinda sad. Hoping he wouldn't be the funky fork buck forever. I have always liked this picture of him from last year though. Something about the way the sun hits his coat and about his body. Makes me hungry! Okay, it is his nose. I know he is going to be a big bodied deer like many of the others in this area. They all have the same nose. Probably a heavy mass 9pt when mature. Don't ask me how I know, it just seems like the mature bucks in this area always end up 9 or 11pts. lol

Attachments

• IM000025 young buck.jpg
    IM000025 young buck.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Gotta love the young and dumb.... Ive got several this year that are gonna be a pain in my arse bc they come out so early into the plots!