Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Youth small game season?

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
At the risk of sounding a litle slow, I ran across a regulation that I'm not real sure about.

Apperently there is a "youth small game season" the weekends of oct 23 - 24 and 30 - 31. So does that mean that adults arent allowed to hunt during those times or that youth hunters holding youth licenses can only hunt on those dates? If thats the case it seems like a strange way to get kids interested, "you can only hunt on these 2 weekends and no other time"

I understand the youth gun season is a time when young hunters can get a chance at a deer before the adults hit the woods, but this one I just dont get.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I don't have the regulations in front of me but I think that is an early youth season for rabbit and pheasant. They can hunt during the regular season also which normally opens the first week of Nov. if memory serves me. Its been a long time since I amall game hunted.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I don't have the regulations in front of me but I think that is an early youth season for rabbit and pheasant. They can hunt during the regular season also which normally opens the first week of Nov. if memory serves me. Its been a long time since I amall game hunted.

I think that's correct. I think the dates are to give the youngins' a head start on the action. And, yes, they can hunt anytime.