Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kaiser's trapping endeavors 2013/14

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Reset the property I caught the dogs on last week. I saw tons of coyote tracks down there on the roads.... One road was really being used a lot....I saw where there must have been a pack of 4 running together..... so I put 3 traps on that one road within 150 yards of one another.... I have 4 more traps to put out tomorrow... I just didnt have time today with how froze the ground was... A couple traps it took me close to 30 minutes to get the bed dug and the trap seated how i wanted it... I refuse to do it half assed, and if the trap moves even the least little bit I am not happy with it...Im there to catch coyotes, and if it isnt bedded perfect I have zero confidence in the sets.. I guess I am a little anal... my goal is to catch 3 more down there this week....
Good luck Zach and yes that ground has been like concrete as I broke my stake driver the other day but got it fixed so good to go again.Keep after those yotes it can only help.I am going after them till the end of the month.

Kaiser878

ohio
Just for the record.......I HATE rain followed by freezing temps. Man does that piss me off. Remade the good property today.....gotta remake 8 more on other properties tomorrow. They will be useless tonight if a dog steps on them

Kaiser878

ohio
Had one trap stollen and another.fucked with. The one that was fucked with must gave caught someones dog or something. There were dog tracks in the ice, which would.have.been slush before dark yesterday. There were also boot tracks. Someone wrote in the snow "flag?" "Name tag?"..... there are name tags on all my traps. He just didn't look hard.enough. apparently the person thinks you need to flag all your sets.

But the trap that was stolen was stolen by the same person. Their 4 wheeler tracks went rt.to it... there was no sign of a struggle, the grass backing was still in place.....but all the J hooks were bent out and the trap was gone.. but the chain and.shockspring were all still laying there.... but they were all seperated at the j hooks laying on the ground

Kaiser878

ohio
The more I think about this the more it pisses me off. I'm going down there as soon as momma gets home and I'm putting up a couple hidden trail cams. I'm a spiteful some bitch when people steal my hard earned.money and time

Kaiser878

ohio
Upon further investigation, whoever stole.my.trap was not the one who messed with my other trap. The trap that was messed with but.not stolen had caught a beagle I believe. I followed the foot prints for quite a ways....they had small dog tracks along with them the whole way. The tracks did not go to the stolen trap. Although.....the quad tracks were at both traps. I figure also, whoever stole the one trap would have stolen the other. So why would they have stolen one and left the other? So I put.cams up on the site of the tampered.trap, I took the trap out though. Then I put a cam down the road from the stolen trap.... I honestly hope I don't find out.who did it.....because I can't be going to jail....

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Happened to us once and we followed the foot tracks right to the dickheads back door. Caught his dog so he took the traps so we called the cops and got them back. Hope you catch the prick!!!!

Last edited:

Kaiser878

ohio
Nothing again today. I have zero confidence in my sets since I have had two messed with. I feel like there is just to much activity and has the coyotes Leary. Not sure if that has any affect or not. I feel like just pulling my traps

Ricer2231

Nothing again today. I have zero confidence in my sets since I have had two messed with. I feel like there is just to much activity and has the coyotes Leary. Not sure if that has any affect or not. I feel like just pulling my traps

Sounds like a lot of work but you know as well as I do, if ya don't have confidence in your sets you don't even feel like checking them and your gonna pull them anyway. So might as well pull them sooner as later and get them reset. Confidence is a huge part of trapping and if ya don't feel like you're doing everything you possibly can to get that critter in your trap then you're not gonna be satisfied. I dicked around with traps for a week and a half and didn't feel like I could catch a cold with them and I didn't. I pulled them and reset them and started catching again. Just my .02. Good luck.

Kaiser878

ohio
The only problem is that I probably won't.be able to.trap this property the rest of the year. I was only able to trap it again because the doctor said I wasn't allowed to go to work because of that nonsense with my heart. Its either take them out tomorrow or Friday. I just hate to take them out early. Damnit anyway