Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio State Buckeyes 2023

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I mentioned to some guys in text. If you notice the Missouri offense is much smaller in stature than the OSU defense. But when it looks like they're going to get tackled at the end of a run they absolutely pop the defender. They don't just get tackled, they hit. Shit like that wears down a defense.

Reactions: Hedgelj

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That gentlemen. Was the 2nd best team in the SEC.

East. 2nd best, in the SEC East. Maybe OSU should move to the SEC, they might give Tennessee some competition. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: triple_duece

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I can't put my finger on it. There is something missing. Outside of a field commander in the QB position, there is something missing. Hats off to the defense, WRs and RBs. O-line improved throughout the season but went backwards tonight. Is it coaching or what? How long did it take Kirby to figure it out and become dominant? The culture of winning the big game is missing. I don't know that that can actually be coached. Some of this falls in the players. They have to play for each other and have the heart and desire to win.

Lack of heart and conservative play calling shines on the big stage. Then again, we had a WR throw a pass to another WR today. If they connected would the momentum have turned? I don't know. If I did, I would be in Columbus on the coaching staff. Lol

I'm going to say something I haven't heard many say: nice job Lincoln Keinholtz. True freshman. Off the bench. Minimal reps during the season. Had a few series he started inside his own 10. Once we got out of our own endzone, he did find a little rhythm mid game. I can't imagine a kid (younger than my own kids) stepping onto such a large stage mid game. He had a respectable finish.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That was a total shitshow. Did Day even coach these kids last month?😂🤣
Don’t want to hear excuses of transfer portals or players opting out either! Lincoln K….whatever’s helmet must have grown those dozen Buckeye leaves on his helmet cuz he certainly never earned them in a game cuz that’s the first time I’ve seen him on the field, and YIKES!!!! lol Ohoooooo, Thems must be participation leaf stickers for sending in plays all year! Hahaha

Oh, I KNEW we were in trouble on the very first series in which we had first possession and Brown looked very nervous and scared(which most players in that position would be) but Day getting next play out too late and trying to call a TO and getting flagged for delay of game is BEYOND pathetic! A friggin TO on the 3 play of the game!!!! SAD and EMBARRASSING performance IMO

Reactions: Gern186

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I can't put my finger on it. There is something missing. Outside of a field commander in the QB position, there is something missing. Hats off to the defense, WRs and RBs. O-line improved throughout the season but went backwards tonight. Is it coaching or what? How long did it take Kirby to figure it out and become dominant? The culture of winning the big game is missing. I don't know that that can actually be coached. Some of this falls in the players. They have to play for each other and have the heart and desire to win.

Lack of heart and conservative play calling shines on the big stage. Then again, we had a WR throw a pass to another WR today. If they connected would the momentum have turned? I don't know. If I did, I would be in Columbus on the coaching staff. Lol

I'm going to say something I haven't heard many say: nice job Lincoln Keinholtz. True freshman. Off the bench. Minimal reps during the season. Had a few series he started inside his own 10. Once we got out of our own endzone, he did find a little rhythm mid game. I can't imagine a kid (younger than my own kids) stepping onto such a large stage mid game. He had a respectable finish.
I blame Day, Lincoln Keinholtz should had gotten more reps and have been better prepared and that falls on coaching. Too small probably to be in DI I imagine as well. He did the best he could. Why wasn’t Xavier Johnson used more in the wildcat? Stover didn’t get one ball thrown to him the entire game. I could go on but bottom line I think DAY is the problem. As long as he’s there it isn’t going to get any better. IMHO

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I blame Day, Lincoln Keinholtz should had gotten more reps and have been better prepared and that falls on coaching. Too small probably to be in DI I imagine as well. He did the best he could. Why wasn’t Xavier Johnson used more in the wildcat? Stover didn’t get one ball thrown to him the entire game. I could go on but bottom line I think DAY is the problem. As long as he’s there it isn’t going to get any better. IMHO
Because Stover had to stay home and block? If he took off for a pass play they were in the backfield before he finished his route? Mizzou owned the line. When you can't get a run game established it doesn't help. Especially swapping QBs and then being forced to slap the third stringer in early in the game.

Who should replace Ryan Day? Honest question. Because I'm not sure who else is at that level.

Sauger

Warsaw
And you all gave me nothing but shit when I said day is a terrible coach. Now I stand by my words and still think he's awful. But the bowel games of today are not what they were. Once you alow players to opt out for the NFL and transfer early it completely takes away from the game. Anyway you want to look at it from day to players it was a complete crap

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
And you all gave me nothing but shit when I said day is a terrible coach. Now I stand by my words and still think he's awful. But the bowel games of today are not what they were. Once you alow players to opt out for the NFL and transfer early it completely takes away from the game. Anyway you want to look at it from day to players it was a complete crap

Everyone started that was healthy, McCord was the only opt out from the lineup.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Bowl games just don’t have the same feel at all now that the playoffs are in place. Unless it’s a playoff game, it’s just not that exciting. Add in the transfer portal and opting out if you’re going pro and the bowl games feel like a pre-preseason game. It matters, kind of, but it doesn’t matter either. Where was the intensity, the fire, the give-a-damn from anybody last night? Reading the body language of players and coaches, you could see there was nothing there last night.

All of that comes back to coaching and culture. It falls on the coaches to instill that level of commitment and intensity to make that bowl game feel like it was their national championship game. Just imagine how different the perception would be today if OSU prepared and played lights out last night, and won in a dominant blowout. It’s a completely different feel across the country had OSU won, say 35-3. It’s a ripple effect, from inside-out about how the program looks. Now snap back to today’s reality, and it’s as bland, gray, and dismal as Ohio’s weather right now.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Because Stover had to stay home and block? If he took off for a pass play they were in the backfield before he finished his route? Mizzou owned the line. When you can't get a run game established it doesn't help. Especially swapping QBs and then being forced to slap the third stringer in early in the game.

Who should replace Ryan Day? Honest question. Because I'm not sure who else is at that level.

Mike Vrabel maybe Tom Herman

Day played ball at New Fing Hampshire U!!!!!! Not your hotbed of top tier D 1 coaching jobs! 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: hickslawns