Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 13 - Lucky 13

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I planned a all day today. What a day differance makes. Yesterday I seen 12 deer before noon.
Today nothing till 10:00 when a nice 8-10 point trodded through. He stayed in the brush till he was 50 yds North of me and just keep trodding. He was wide and tall and his antlers were real dark. Haven't seen him before.
Then at 10:30 a small forkhorn walks through. My he was small.
Then at 11:00 the wind started hollowing and my tower window currtins were standing straight out. I picked it in and spent 30 minutes looking for sign on the buck I shot at last night.
Found nothing I even searched were he left the woods into the thick brush. Nothing.
I go back to where he was when I shot and 30 ft away my heart dropped. I seen red spots in the under brush. But it was OK as the red spots were chewed up honeysuckle berries. That made me feel alot better.
Never have found my arrow. So if any of you guys find a Redhead arrow with yellow and orange fletch it's mine. After deer season I will take the metal detector up there and look.
Frank

Update. I just checked the Scoutlook site and the wind is South 10-15 gusting to 25.

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Had a six point under me all night last night. He didn't have a care in the world. Just grazing around. What rut? lol

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hitting it again today. man it's cold here and hope I can stick it out.
I just noticed Lucky 13 Team is still in 1st Place in the Contest. Man I just got to add a buck to the point sytem.
Frank

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Enjoy the lead while it lasts fellas! J put one down this morning, I'm good for a doe and youth bonus, so we're gunning for you boys!!! :pickle:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Did a all day today. Seen nothing in my woods. Seen 16 in the hay field next to me. Nearest one was 200 yrds and upto 400 yrds. The hay field is 200 yrds from my woods seperated by a powerline . There was 3 bucks. One chasing 7 does at one time and it was a smaller 6-8 py. Then a one antler small buck went through ;ater after the does. Then a very nice shooter went through about 2 hrs later following the doe trail.
Seen to on the neighbors corn field one at 300 yrds anf the other 400-500 yrds.
Frank.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I went out yesterday for all day. Nothing went right from the beginning.
I broke my quiver braket.
I am putting my coveralls on at the stand and my left foot went in the legging very tight and then I couldn't pull up the sleeve. I put my damn foot in the sleeve and can't get it out. I am now laying on the ground trying to get it out. Finally do.
Then my lens dropped out of my glasses. Out comes the flashlight on all fours looking for it. Got back in.
I'm in the stand and 8:00 the damn lens drops out again and hits the foot rest and down to the ground. Down I go and I have no idea where it bounces to. 5 minutes later with the flashlight I find it on the other side of the ladder.
I get my knife out to tighten the screw and nick myself and with blood thinners I bleed like a stuck pig.
See nothing till 10:30 and the wind picks up strong out of the east and blowing right on me. I did see a small buck chasing a doe at about 400 yrds.
At 10:30 I am still bleeding so I pack it in and do some stand maintence.
I get home and when uncocking my bow the damn string jumped off the cams.
I was so damn tired yesterday now I have to make a 50 mile trip to BassPro this morning to see if they can restring my bow.
The only thing that didn't happen is I didn't fall out of the ladder stand. Yet.
I didn't tell you about the 7 trips up and down the ladder. I dropped my quiver, my gloves fell out when I was looking for the lens, 3 trips bringing the gear up. And the other trip I won't discuss.
If I could have seen in the future I would have stayed home. But hey I had good intentions in the beginning.
If BassPro can't restring my bow I will put my Draw-Loc attacment on another bow. Then I will have to resight in. Another day wasted.
Wish me luck.
Frank

jeremy44230

Medina County
Dang Frank! What a day man... Good thing you didn't fall out of the tree after the bad luck you were having!

Stick with it cause one day, everything will come together and it will be amazing!!!

Good luck buddy! We need the points!

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I called BassPro and they said their regular bow press is too big and won't go down to 24 in. But he thinks their old bow press might do it but won't know unless he has the bow in hand. He will try while I wait.
I am leaving now.
Frank

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just got back from BassPro and what great Customer Service. No charge for restringing my bow and he found out his 28 in bow press will go down to 24 in. He was interested in seeing the Hickory Creek outfit.
Bought some scentfree soap. Go to go for this evening.
Frank