Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 13 - Lucky 13

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I didn't realize the rack was as dark as it appears in the pic. Almost looks chocolate but prolly just the lighting. I bet you can't wait till its done!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I did a all day sit in my woods in the hunting tower. Sat from 6:30AM to 5:15PM.
Didn't see a deer all day. No shots close either all day. Closest shots probaly 1.5 miles away.
At 4:45PM I used my doe bleat can and a little later I seen a tan flash come into the woods low to the ground. I waited for it to go across the next shooting lane and nothing. I got to thinking it's either a coyote or the redtail hawk I seen on Thursday. At 5:00 I used my doe bleat can again and heard something running. That damn coyote was under my hunting tower and in 20 ft he's gone in the brush. Don't know how he snuck around me and got into my blindside.
Maybe better luck tommorrow.
Frank

jeremy44230

Medina County
Good luck tomorrow Frank.

Took my brother out this morning and we saw 5, but had to slip around to see em.

Bow hunted tonight and jumped 4-6 on the way in and left early when rain was pouring...

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I did another all day today. At least I had some activity. I had 2 sets of does for 8 total come through the woods between 9:00-9:30. Could have shot 4 of them in less than 50 yds. I had a coyote fly through a shooting lane at 8:45.
I thought I had a disaster. At 8:30 there was a shot just south of me and right at the shot my bull bellowed. Thought someone shot my bull. I waited till the deer cleared out and went and check on the cattle and everything looks good.
I had 4 differant flocks of turkeys in the woods at one time. One flock was large Toms and Jakes and I counted 34 when I noticed them walking across a shooting lane at 125 yds and there could have been more. They spent hours down there. About 3:30 I have turkeys running every which way in the woods in 4 differant places so I get ready for a deer moving. Nothing showed.
Try-try again. Down but not beaten yet. Then a flock of 20 turkeys roosted right on top of me at dark.
Frank

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
At least your still out there trying Frank. It's gonna pay off eventually! Only takes a minute to change a whole season and that can not be done on the couch. Good Luck Buddy!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I put up a new blind today....ZJ and I are fixin' to wack a few does soon. I won't give up....Just had the chance to work this whole weekend and couldn't pass that up.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys for the thouhts. I did forget to mention one rather eventfull happening on the way in yesterday.
Couple weeks ago the deer got into my electric fence so for a fast fix so not to take too much time away from deer hunting. I wired the electric fence up backwards. So the gate I go through to get to the woods is hot all the time. Normally thats not a problem as I just lay the gate down do through and hook it back up again.
Well yesterday I wasn't carefull and touched the top hot wire. I couldn't have designed a better ground with the wet ground and me holding a steel post. I am here to tell when 10,000 volt goes through your body onto wet ground it's not pleasant. It took couple minutes to collect my thoughts and bearings and off I go.
Got to fix that.
Frank

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I got a pleasant surprise today from the Ohio DNR. I found the online deer checkin somewhat confusing for a landowner. No where can I find if a landowner can use the bow 2 deer Anterless Deer permits. So when I got my 1st bow deer this year I checked in as anterless.
I sent the DNR a email last night with the permit number and asked them to check how I checked it in. And if I still had 2 regular landowner permits left.
They answered me and yes I checked it in on the Special bow Anterless Permit and I still have my 2 regular permits left. Now I can hunt when looking for a buck only. I printed up the email just in case.
I sure can't find proper instructions for a landowner unless I'm just overlooking it.
Frank

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Been slow around here on buck sightings. I haven't seen a buck since Nov. 12th.
I did all dayer today and no deer sightings. At 3:45 I had a coyote trot across a shooting lane at 100 yds. I waited for him on the next lane and at 75 yds I did a doe bleat can on him and he stopped looked around and continued on his way out of the woods.
About 10 miutes later on the other end of the woods I had a huge rabbit hop across a shooting lane. That rabbit must have wieghted 20 lbs. Maybe a new species? Probaly just a tame rabbit that got away. If he would have came on my end it would have been fried rabbit for supper. As it is I am having fried ham and cheese sandwich.
Another all day tommorrow.
Frank

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I hope you get one, Frank, I'm really pulling for you!

I was just telling Rick yesterday that I hadn't read any recent posts from you............I've sure missed them!

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks for the thoughts.
I may have over hunted my woods. But on the other hand I have only been busted by 2 deer that I know of and can't explain the lack of sights as I hvae had them all season before Nov 12th. On Nov 10 I had 7 differant bucks come through. Were could they all have gone as there is almost hunting next to me.
Leaving for the another all day in a bit. I will be putting in couple food plots and one large 2 acre plot next to my woods in the hope of drawing deer to my property with food rather than just depending on a pass through. The food draw would surely help with this snow cover.
Frank