Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team # 7 " Get it while it's warm "

lung buster

hocking county
I go away for a few days and you all go on a killing spree! Nice work. Congrats once again. I've yet to climb a tree. Waiting on the right time (cooler weather). I just hate rushing around now days.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I go away for a few days and you all go on a killing spree! Nice work. Congrats once again. I've yet to climb a tree. Waiting on the right time (cooler weather). I just hate rushing around now days.

The rushing around has been the worst part so far lol.

You should be good to go this weekend since they are talking frost and maybe a stray snow flake in some parts of the state. That weather change will have the deer on the move and on their feet during shooting hours. Good luck LB !!!

lung buster

hocking county
Originally Posted by lung buster

The rushing around has been the worst part so far lol.

You should be good to go this weekend since they are talking frost and maybe a stray snow flake in some parts of the state. That weather change will have the deer on the move and on their feet during shooting hours. Good luck LB !!!
I have had my eye on this weekend until I found out ill be stuck working 7p-7a the next 5 days. Not going to get shook even though next Thursday am may be my first chance. There will be blood soon enough. I've learned to pace myself,lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I have had my eye on this weekend until I found out ill be stuck working 7p-7a the next 5 days. Not going to get shook even though next Thursday am may be my first chance. There will be blood soon enough. I've learned to pace myself,lol.

Hahaha.

Sucks you will be stuck at work but we do still have plenty of days to get out there. I won't get back out until sometime next week. I found that it is better to go during the week anyway. Seems there is less interference in my hunts during the weekdays. lol.

lung buster

hocking county
Originally Posted by lung buster

Hahaha.

Sucks you will be stuck at work but we do still have plenty of days to get out there. I won't get back out until sometime next week. I found that it is better to go during the week anyway. Seems there is less interference in my hunts during the weekdays. lol.
I agree. That's about the only good thing about shift work! 99% of the time I have the woods to myself! Its nice not having to deal with the weekend warriors lol.

Huckleberry Finn

Headed out to kill Claw right now

That's the attitude I want to hear!

Do me a favor and if you kill him, call me? I'd need an excuse to get out of a meeting...family emergency when someone shoots a deer yano

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I will be heading out for a slickhead tomorrow evening after the wife gets home from work. A little warmer then I like but cooler then they are calling for this weekend.

Gotta get the cam back out and rolling as well so I can try and peg another buck down for somebody to shoot in the next couple weeks.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Wind should be good for a pasture sit so that's where I will be heading this evening. Seen a doe this morning down the road from this spot up on her feet so they should be moving tonight. Hear that Beener, get your butt in a stand tonight lol. I think Greg said he was heading out this evening too correct ?

How funny would that be for all 3 of us to score lmao.

LB, Ric, you guys going to be getting any seat time ?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Went out but didn't see any deerz. I did however see an eagle back at the river flying around lookin for dinner. Pretty fuggin cool and a first for me.

Probably won't get out again until next week sometime before Greg gets here so I can check cams and see what's moving. I think the pasture has seen it's better days lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
An eagle? I hope someday to see one in the wild.

We have a pair that have a nest a couple miles down the road from where I hunt. They have been there for at least 3 - 4 years and this is the first time I have seen one flying around lol. You can use the one pull-off and get the binos out and look at them sitting in the tree next to the nest. It was pretty cool and made me do a double take to make sure I seen what I seen lol.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wind should be good for a pasture sit so that's where I will be heading this evening. Seen a doe this morning down the road from this spot up on her feet so they should be moving tonight. Hear that Beener, get your butt in a stand tonight lol. I think Greg said he was heading out this evening too correct ?

How funny would that be for all 3 of us to score lmao.

LB, Ric, you guys going to be getting any seat time ?
For me not till Sun. afternoon and Mon. morning. My shift work(3rd, 6pm to 2.5 am) hurts and my yard work and cutting firewood will cut into my playtime but with it still being early and warm, I can deal with it!lol

Those of you that are able to get out.........goodluck!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Well, I hunted Tuesday evening in the corner where Claw had been coming out. Saw two bucks at last light, but couldn't tell how big they were. Yesterday, Jamie came out and we sat the field edge again seeing nothing. The only day I will be able to hunt for the next week is Monday. Not TOO concerned with hitting it hard until it really starts cooling down. Just don't wanna press my luck by trying to move in on deer that won't be moving before dark anyway. As of now, I have had my bow in the woods for three evening hunts and that is it!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I think the next few days you guys aren't going to be missing anything with this heat we are going to have. I looked and it's not going to start cooling off again until next Thursday. I'm keeping an eye on the weather Greg and so far they are calling for 60% rain on Friday the 14th and highs of 54. You know as well as I do they will change that about everyday until 2 days before lol but I'll keep an eye it on.

I bet if I go out and check my cam right there at my pasture stand and with the heat yesterday that those deer didn't move until 9:30 - 10 O'clock lastnight. Kind of a waste of time but well worth the site in the tree lol.