Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Turkey Report '18

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Did not hear a gobble this morning. That's a shame cause I was in the mood to shoot something.
I've never shot a bearded hen. In fact I've only seen one before today. I was always curious if they hatched eggs ... apparently they do. Won't do that again. On the upside, breakfast was the freshest egg I've ever eaten.

Reactions: Spencie

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Forgot these...
IMG_2207.JPG
IMG_2208.JPG

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
My hunt wasn't as exciting as I had hoped but I did bring a Tom home with me. The birds were all roosted across the road on neighbors and I do have permission to hunt 32 acres there so.......I decided I was going for a walkabout. They were on the ground by the time I got there and not on the property I can hunt. So I went to the edge and set up. There must have been 10+ in that hollow and they were raising cane. After about an hour of them not budging a couple sounded like they were headed to the top. I jumped up and started up the point I was on...there are some amazing rock formations on a narrow little ridge. I worked my way through the boulders and stopped. When I looked up there was a Tom standing there at 35 yards facing me. I'm thinking the worst but another strutted up to him. Neither was spooked. They started looking over the bank for a hen. When they stepped behind a tree I dropped to a knee and raised the gun. The first one that walked out got shot at 27 yards. The other just stood there looking at him. Others gobbled back down in the hollow.
18.5#
1 1/16" spurs
10.5" beard
IMG_2009.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Out twice.... Usual spots are void of turkeys... Was going this morning but rain mixed with snow, windy and cold... More like Nov. Weather... See what tomorrow's weather is like...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Out twice.... Usual spots are void of turkeys... Was going this morning but rain mixed with snow, windy and cold... More like Nov. Weather... See what tomorrow's weather is like...

That’s what we had yesterday, saw a few flakes coming down as well.... Definitely was a cold one yesterday.... This week that changed... Good luck buddy....