Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
This weekend will be the death of my weight loss. Road trip party weekend means booze and food, neither of which really help me lose weight! But I sure do have fun!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just an idea for a way to change up your workouts. The weather is awesome this week. Get out of your gym shoes and put on some muck boots. Tromp through the mud for miles looking for sheds. I am hitting it tomorrow. Granted, I am not doing it for exercise, but I generally walk miles and miles looking for sheds. Whether through snow or mud, you are going to get a workout and you are going to be out enjoying nature. I love seeing the travel routes of the deer in the snow anyhow. Finding some sheds is sure a plus, and getting a workout is even better. Just an idea!!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Oh man.... Today was the BOMB for hot chicks in the gym. Man oh man there were some hotties today. Bad news...... My wife went with me.... Dang talk about being careful where my eyes wondered.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not sure how many miles we walked, but we had a heck of a workout looking for sheds today. Every step the snow/ice would break and you were 6-8" deep in snow. Hard walking. No sheds either. Still a beautiful day to be outside!

Schu72

Streetsboro
5K in 24:13. Didn't want to weigh myself. Ate to much over my birthday/valentines weekend. I'll weigh on on wednesday or Thursday.

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I played full court b-ball for 2 1/2 hours tonight. Man that cardio is SO different than hitting the machines. Pooped...

Beentown

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I got done with my workout and told Tracie I was going to go get the bad news before we left. This weekend was a beer and food weekend, no diet in sight. I expected the worse because I felt fat. (Hate those days by the way!) I stepped on the scales with my head held low, waited for the beep, and look up to see 219.5. WTF!!! Down 2.5lbs since last week and 13.5 since the first of the year. And today, I don't feel as fat! Great feeling, but now it's back to the grind stone!!!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I got done with my workout and told Tracie I was going to go get the bad news before we left. This weekend was a beer and food weekend, no diet in sight. I expected the worse because I felt fat. (Hate those days by the way!) I stepped on the scales with my head held low, waited for the beep, and look up to see 219.5. WTF!!! Down 2.5lbs since last week and 13.5 since the first of the year. And today, I don't feel as fat! Great feeling, but now it's back to the grind stone!!!

That's a good feeling when you have your metabolism burning so good that even an off weekend doesn't kill you.

It's about time for me to start hittin' it myself. I usually wait until early March just because I like to mix in cardio at the track or outside in the country, but it's definitely time to get this winter coat off!

Schu72

Streetsboro
Woo!Hoo! I ran outside tonight! Felt great to breath fresh air while hitting the pavement. Ran my 3.27 mile loop in 26:34. Averaged 7:53 minute miles. Not bad for mid Feb. My weigh is really unchanged still hanging around 175-176.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
I'm in a lot of hip pain still. The shin splints are gone. It looks like I will be doing hip stretches and shin stretches in my desk chair today. Hopefully I'll loosen up and the pain will subside.

Good news: I weighed in this morning and it appears I am beyond my plateau - down 59 lbs.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Ran two miles without stopping in 24 minutes. While the time is super slow this gives me reassurance that my stamina is increasing and I should be able to run a slow 5k in month. One of my goals was to get in 5k shape - almost there! - once I'm there I can work on speed.

I then did some crunches and incline push ups then moved to the recumbent bike where I read two or three chapters of my book. Feeling great!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Post workout weigh in: down 61lbs. I'd say I'm over that plateau. :D

Awesome John! Keep it up bro!

In regards to the shin splints: When running in HS I learned the cause of "shin splints" was uneven muscles in the lower legs. Best solution we were given is to rotate your ankles using as much range of motion as you have in each direction about 10x each way as often as possible. If you have specific areas where they hurt (as opposed to the whole shin) then fill up some Dixie cups with water about 2/3 and freeze them. Rub them on the sore areas and tear off a bit more cup as the ice melts. Good way to ice down the sore areas and get direct contact on the sore areas. Hope it helps.

My workout today (after cleaning the downstairs while my wife slept) was shed hunting again. Estimated walking distance 3 miles. Maybe 1/2 mile with my 50ish pound son on my back when he was tired/whiney or we were crossing deep mud/water/snow. Good enough for me. Too bad we didn't find any. He did get to see 3 turkeys and 6 deer though.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Daughter's second birthday party today. I ate pretty well considering my choices. I should be under my caloric allotment today. Hoping to have time to make it to the gym today but it's not looking promising.