Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

09 Coyote

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I shot a yote last year during gun season. I put 2 slugs in it so it was kinda fugged for a mount. I already have a full body mount so I was just going to get it tanned. My fishing buddy John was at the taxidermists and saw my hide. He called me and said I should let him take the hide and he would "do something cool with it for me". I said go for it. He called today and i got my yote back:smiley_bril:

hat.jpg

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
A few people have asked about them. I told to think about what he would want charge to make them. He has only made a few so far for me, him, his son, and a couple others. I'll let him know there is interest in them.

rrr

That's a crazy sweet hat and it matches your beard! Don't wear that deer hunting!

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Just got the phone with John. He is interested in making more hats. He said it takes him almost a day to make them and figures he needs about $100 bucks to cover his time, if you provide the tanned hide. Its around a $100 to get a hide tanned. So you are looking at $200 invested, kind of a pricey hat. When he started making them he checked around and found that they are priced up to $350.

He said he really was not happy with the hat he made me due to it being shot up. He said if the hide is shitty he won't make one, he wants it to be a quality job.

Gern I mentioned to him that you kill multiple yotes/foxes every winter and he said he would be willing to horse trade a hat for some raw hides. I tole that fucker he better plan on making me another if he sells any:smiley_crocodile:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Just got the phone with John. He is interested in making more hats. He said it takes him almost a day to make them and figures he needs about $100 bucks to cover his time, if you provide the tanned hide. Its around a $100 to get a hide tanned. So you are looking at $200 invested, kind of a pricey hat. When he started making them he checked around and found that they are priced up to $350.

He said he really was not happy with the hat he made me due to it being shot up. He said if the hide is shitty he won't make one, he wants it to be a quality job.

Gern I mentioned to him that you kill multiple yotes/foxes every winter and he said he would be willing to horse trade a hat for some raw hides. I tole that fucker he better plan on making me another if he sells any:smiley_crocodile:

I got 2 beauties skinned out in the freezer right now and 3 others in the barn right now. How many hats can he make out of 1 yote? How many yotes does he want? When you say raw hides, are you talking about the already tanned ones?

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I got 2 beauties skinned out in the freezer right now and 3 others in the barn right now. How many hats can he make out of 1 yote? How many yotes does he want? When you say raw hides, are you talking about the already tanned ones?

He can only get one hat out of a yote. He did not say on the hides, tanned or not. Want me to have him give you a call??