Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1023's Rut Hunt 2010 (Nov. 6th - Nov. 29th)

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I made the decision this morning to not take all of next week off. But despite that decision, I'm still entering my balls to the wall period of hunting. Since I'll be hunting so much over the next three weeks, I wanted to combine all my experiences in one locale. (I like digging this shit up in June when I'm starting to jones for some seat time!) Lots of pictures of stand set-ups and general deer season memories to come. Hopefully, some big buck pics as well!!!

Tomorrow will be my first all day sit of the year. I'm heading to tree that sits on the edge of a shelf adjacent to a thick creek bottom to the south, and an overgrown field to the north. Just above the that field, are cut beans. I can see a lot of ground from this spot, plus I'm hunting a nice funnel. I'm not sold that it is the right tree to kill from, but it will give me a great vantage point for the day. Wayne (rgecko23) will be hunting the platform blind in Paradise. He should have a great sit. If he doesn't see deer, there are no deer!!!

Sunday morning is still reliant on how the fish fry goes Saturday night! By lunch time Sunday, I'll be walking the creek to do some quick scouting. Sunday will be a hang/hunt spot where I will leave the Millennium/LW set-up for an all day sit Monday. Tuesday will also be an all-dayer in a location that will depend on the wind. I'll go back to work Wednesday and Thursday. Then it'll be into the next stretch of Friday the 12th through Sunday. That leaves me three days of vacation. (Two for bowhunting, one for gun season opener.) Jimmy and Hoytmania (Steve) will be down next weekend. I'll probably take the 19th off and hunt all of youth season. Then I'll be off from the 25th through the 29th. Lots of seat time ahead!!!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
If there is a good buck or doe that come through there, they are getting a free ride in the truck.

I will be hunting next thursday night, then taking friday off the 12th and sit all day, then Sunday I will be all day as well. I havent decided which place I am going yet though. Philly is heating up pretty good, but I think the farm has lots of potential, I jsut need to move the set up I have. Its in tree that puts you eye level with anything coming off the hill.

If I dont shoot a buck this weekend thats my plan.

Good luck to everyone in the next couple of weeks coming.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck, brother. I'm heading down to Morgan County on Sunday, and I'm not coming back for a week. I won't be able to check this thread while I'm gone so you better have something good for me to see when I get back!!!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Where are you headed to in Morgan county Jim? That's not real far from Jesse and I. Maybe you outta swing by one evening and visit with us. I have Monday and Fri-Sun off next weekend.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Where are you headed to in Morgan county Jim? That's not real far from Jesse and I. Maybe you outta swing by one evening and visit with us. I have Monday and Fri-Sun off next weekend.

I'll be staying in a cabin at Burr Oak State Park... not too far from Glouster. I'll definitely keep you guys in mind if I'm not too tired in the evening. I usually sit in the tree all day long so I'm about as worthless as a limp dick in the evenings LOL.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'll be staying in a cabin at Burr Oak State Park... not too far from Glouster. I'll definitely keep you guys in mind if I'm not too tired in the evening. I usually sit in the tree all day long so I'm about as worthless as a limp dick in the evenings LOL.

Well, if you change your mind, I could set you up on a private land hunt one day. Can't guarantee anything but trail cam pictures of nice bucks. Also have 25 acres behind the parents house that hasn't been touched all year.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Best of luck Jesse! Should be some great time in the woods as things are really starting to heat up. Hopefully your next post is "big buck down"!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
All is quiet in paradise. Reeeaaal quiet. Im def. Not used to this kind of peace while I am in the stand....cantbwait to watch the sun come up.

Thanks jesse

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well, if you change your mind, I could set you up on a private land hunt one day. Can't guarantee anything but trail cam pictures of nice bucks. Also have 25 acres behind the parents house that hasn't been touched all year.

Thanks for the invite, brother. We'll see how the hunting goes on the Wayne this week... if it's sub-par I may just give you a call. Even without hunting, it'd still be cool to just meet up and shoot the shit.

Good luck this weekend, fellas.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Fugg...

Wanna know how my morning went? Nothing. A big fat skunk for the first time all year. Not a damn one.

Then I get out of the woods to hear that Wayne missed a nice 8 behind my parents. Tucky's buddy Joel who killed a doe last night, missed a P&Y 8 at the farm this morning and their other buddy Mickey saw a big shooter. Maybe I should send these bastards home and hunt my own shit! LOL

That's my luck. I don't have a lucky bone in my body when it comes to bowhunting. I'm seriously a better guide. When I put people places, they bring their luck and the two mesh nicely!!!

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Facing...

To my left...

To my right...

Behind me...

Lots of updating to do. Finally had some bone on the ground. I'll do my best to give a full report soon. I'm sitting this spot with the wind in my face tonight and most, if not all day tomorrow. Hoping I see the big 8 I watched this summer since he was seen right here yesterday. Good rubs in the area and big tracks crossing the creek. This is where I popped my bowhunting cherry, so I hope there is some magic left in the woods!!!

rrr

Good luck Jesse, shoot straight! That looks like a nice set up, hopefully he will run off that field into the woods, getting a lungful of slicktrick!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Don't tease us with your "bone on the ground" statements, then tell us you are still sitting waiting on your buck deerz. At least give us a hint as to who it was. Sounds like the Mrs because I would think Randy or Wayne or Greg would do their own writeup?

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
That looks like a great place to be hunting. Love the way the hills just role down there.

Can't wait to hear who got some bone. :smiley_crazy: