Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1023's Shoestring Acres Project

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Little garage cleaning tonight, followed by a lot of sanding in the office. On pace to have the office flipped to a playroom right on time. Moved a little decor over tonight to make it feel like home. This wall will house my work bench, then I'll do shiplap above it with rough cut lumber off the farm. I'll hang all my mount on that wall once it's done.

20181029_200410.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
One of the many lessons my father taught me was that every good project deserves it's own tool purchase. Hence why he owns about every tool known to man after 40+ years of homeownership and DIY work!

I've made a few strategic purchases over the years myself; namely my 12" double-bevel Dewalt miter saw. But I needed two things to complete my personal collection: an impact driver and a table saw. I'll hold off for Black Friday deals on the impact driver, but Home Depot forced my hand after dropping the price on this saw $130. Great reviews and exactly the tool I wanted. Now to clean up the workshop and give it a home!

20181030_184226.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks like a great purchase Jesse! I have a crappy table saw. It bounces around the tool trailer. (I guess it is strapped in but you get the idea.) Eventually I'll upgrade to something like the one you got. Enjoy it!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Tuesday night I was able to take the shower doors off the main bath tub. Tracie has been working hard at cleaning the bathroom and both girls' rooms, painting and putting closets back together, and packing our houses all week. Wednesday I made two trips hauling stuff and helped my parents move some stuff. I had a 14 hour day yesterday for work, so all I got done was some packing. Tonight, Tracie got the bathroom finished minus a faucet replacement. I spent the evening packing and getting things squared away so we can move big items tomorrow. Lined up some strong backs that work for beer, so we'll be moving and drinking tomorrow!

Girls have a bathroom!

562889357.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We busted ass this weekend and made some great progress. Tracie got a lot of cleaning done, including the carpets, so we're about ready to move into some rooms. We were able to move the rest of my parent's big stuff and nearly all of our big stuff yesterday. We're down to a hand full of truck/car loads now.

This morning we dropped a little jingle at Home Depot on supplies for the main bath. I also found my impact driver! They had their "special" deals out getting ready for the holiday rush, so I was able to scratch that off the list.

Final push is on! It'll be a crazy week, but we're on pace to spend our first night there on Friday. Here's to an action packed week! 🍻

20181104_165536.jpg

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
We busted ass this weekend and made some great progress. Tracie got a lot of cleaning done, including the carpets, so we're about ready to move into some rooms. We were able to move the rest of my parent's big stuff and nearly all of our big stuff yesterday. We're down to a hand full of truck/car loads now.

This morning we dropped a little jingle at Home Depot on supplies for the main bath. I also found my impact driver! They had their "special" deals out getting ready for the holiday rush, so I was able to scratch that off the list.

Final push is on! It'll be a crazy week, but we're on pace to spend our first night there on Friday. Here's to an action packed week! 🍻

View attachment 67671
I’ve got that same drill...it’s a workhorse. It keeps a charge for a long time and has some pretty good torque.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We've been in for 10 days or so now and it's been a slow trickle of tasks getting taken care of, but mostly unboxing. I replaced both shower heads last weekend and that was a nice improvement! My mom could never make a decision on knobs/handles for the vanities and the kitchen, so we took care of that. I've been hanging stuff here and there as well. Sunday, I spent a half day outside cleaning up leaves, mowing the front, and cleaning up the disaster that was the backyard. The basketball court and decks were loaded with boxes, trash and outdoor stuff that just got dumped. Feels good to have that taken care of and it looks way better!

We will be hosting both families for Thanksgiving and it'll be the first one where I've done the cooking, so it's a nice, formal changing of the guards. We'll have the main living areas button up by then, so we'll have established some order amongst the chaos.

Tonight, I mounting the TV on the wall and buttoning up the AV situation in prep for The Game this weekend.

It's starting to feel like home, but a different iteration than I've know since 1996!

Last edited: