Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1st fawn pic of the season

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Lots of fawns this year.
One with triplets.
Screenshot_20220721-034231_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220721-034117_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220721-034043_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220721-034158_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-034203_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Just compiled a few video TC captures of resident fawns while eating lunch today.

Enjoy!

Video description:

A brief update of a few resident fawns over the last couple of days during the beginning of the third week of August. I estimate that there are approximately a half a dozen healthy fawns to date that live within the immediate area of our home.

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Boy that doe seemed wound tighter than a spring stretching her neck out to grab a bite. Have you gotten many predators hanging around there or perhaps just filled the feeders?

Predators are on the property daily and I believe we do have a new den of yotes right on the other side of the creek bank to the North of us, just off our property.

Anyhow,,,

The feed station is roughly 100 walking paces from our cabin, no more than 75 yards away, so, anytime I'm outside or any dogs running around in the yard, I certainly would expect those deer to be on edge during the midday hours around here at times. Plus, that momma doe has two beautiful little ones to watch over and care for that I'm sure keeps her head on a swivel all during her waking hours.

No doubt that she's one nervous mother Doe though.

Good observation, Chuck!

Reactions: Big_Holla