Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2012-2013 The Ohio Outdoors Deer Contest Signup

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Howdy Hicks..

No..i didnt retire. I have no kids lol. Every chance i get to fish ..i go.

I figure i wont beable to physically do the things i enjoy when i get old..so..i say feck it..im doing it now..hell..i can work when i get old..lol.

It seems folks wait a lifetime to retire only to not have the physical health to bust the brush..hike miles in..or take rough seas. Im doing it now..bro. :)

ohio
Howdy Hicks..

No..i didnt retire. I have no kids lol. Every chance i get to fish ..i go.

I figure i wont beable to physically do the things i enjoy when i get old..so..i say feck it..im doing it now..hell..i can work when i get old..lol.

It seems folks wait a lifetime to retire only to not have the physical health to bust the brush..hike miles in..or take rough seas. Im doing it now..bro. :)

Heck yeah!!! The way life should be lived

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Im seeing alot of acorns while working. Not sure what's going on in ohio with the acorns but this could be another 2010. You guys seeing any?

The fellows that are hunting the timber will have the advantage again this year. Im getting pumped. :)

<---------- Late season 2010 deep timber buck.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Here in Clark our beans have that silver hue and some are turning yellow. And the corn has gone downhill fast. Saw some being chopped yesterday. And the rest isn't far off. We had what I saw was some of the best looking crops around. Our acorns and apples are booming though. The game this year will be hard mast and last corn field standing.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here in Clark our beans have that silver hue and some are turning yellow. And the corn has gone downhill fast. Saw some being chopped yesterday. And the rest isn't far off. We had what I saw was some of the best looking crops around. Our acorns and apples are booming though. The game this year will be hard mast and last corn field standing.

Beans are turning yellow in the Medina/Wayne County area too. Won't be long now...

Yep. Corn is going to be picked early this year for sure. I know it helps my pocket in regards to work and income, but for the deer this year I hope we don't have a harsh winter. Crops coming off quick with crappy yields. Not going to be much left this winter if they have long periods of snow cover. Not sure what our deer can expect. We don't have a lot of woods around here to give them acorns. Apple trees are rocking on my property though. Reminds me, might have to hang a camera and stand this weekend and toss out the rotten apples from my apple trees.

Good luck fellas! Looking forward to the season to start!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have NEVER entered a contest, so put me in.
I'm gonna have to do a search to see how this all works...