Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017-18' Buckeyes

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
So I'm on the record, and under all circumstances, I don't think we deserve a spot in the playoff even if we beat Wisky. Bama losing sure ensure that doesn't happen thankfully.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
So I'm on the record, and under all circumstances, I don't think we deserve a spot in the playoff even if we beat Wisky. Bama losing sure ensure that doesn't happen thankfully.
I honestly hope we don't get to the playoffs. I think we are a top ten team, but not top 4. We would have to decimate WI to get there I think.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I actually felt it was terrible as well but not against UM. The start of that game had no calls against UM and OSU getting rocked by the refs.

I really try to be unbiased and not an a-hole fan Ryan. I saw that as anyone's game until late in the third or certainly in the fourth quarter when the Buckeyes began to rally around the backup QB.
I'm not sure we watched the same game Phil, haha. Either way, michigan pissed away chance after chance to make one play that would have changed the outcome. Shoulda woulda coulda

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I actually thought Harbaugh called a terrific game on offense. We had recievers running open everywhere. Most never even had the ball thrown to them, or okorn overthrown them badly. Frustrating watching osu trot out a RS Freshman backup and he smokes us. And our 5th year senior backup couldn't water if he fell out of a fuggin boat

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
3 years ago we were in the same shoes. Back up QB (which is a blessing in disguise in my opinion) and everybody wondering if we even deserved to be considered to win the payoff...we went on to win the national championship that year. I really think that when a team loses their go to player, that makes everyone else step up and make something happen. Then add in that Haskins now has confidence under the spotlight and can perform under pressure. It may just be the perfect storm for us. That being said, we could end up starting JT next weekend and end up being flat and barely win, and if that happens..keep us out of the playoff..please.

What is awsome tho...ALABAMA LOST!!! hahahahahahah I fuggin love. Idc if that hurts out playoff spot or not. Then to add to that their basketball team had to end the game with only 3 players because they're thugs lol..great day o
In my book.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
3 years ago we were in the same shoes. Back up QB (which is a blessing in disguise in my opinion) and everybody wondering if we even deserved to be considered to win the payoff...we went on to win the national championship that year. I really think that when a team loses their go to player, that makes everyone else step up and make something happen. Then add in that Haskins now has confidence under the spotlight and can perform under pressure. It may just be the perfect storm for us. That being said, we could end up starting JT next weekend and end up being flat and barely win, and if that happens..keep us out of the playoff..please.

What is awsome tho...ALABAMA LOST!!! hahahahahahah I fuggin love. Idc if that hurts out playoff spot or not. Then to add to that their basketball team had to end the game with only 3 players because they're thugs lol..great day o
In my book.

What I fuggin love is that Bama loses so rarely those jealous of their dominance relish in it when it does happen. And Alabama has a basketball team? News to me and probably everyone other Alabama fan. Lol.

As for OSUs chances for the playoffs.

Depending on next weekend.
Auburn or Georgia is in.
Clemson or Miami is in.
Oklahoma is in if they beat TCU.

If OSU beats Wisconsin next weekend the committee will have to chose between 11-2 OSU, and 11-1 Alabama. While OSU will have won the big 10 title if they beat Wisconsin they've also spent a lot of time ranked low in the top 12 this season and have a horrible loss to unranked iowa. While Alabama will have one less loss than osu and spent the entire season in the 1 or 2 spot only losing to a high ranked team. If OSU doesn't beat Wisconsin neither OSU or Bama makes it unless TCU beats Oklahoma. If TCU routes Oklahoma and OSU beats Wisconsin, its plausible both OSU and Bama make it.

Time will tell. The shit thing is its a committee where favoritism due to marketing and fan totals for ratings obviously play a factor.

Wmiller07

Alabama is like the Patriots. Unless you are a fan you hate them. Also do you think Miami still has a shot after losing to unranked PITT yesterday?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
FB_IMG_1511707381292.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Need to fix the turnovers. Outside of that I'm happy. Still a lot of ball game left. Anything can happen. Told my wife I had a bad gut feeling going into this game. Thus far the Buckeyes are proving me wrong.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not perfect. Not bad. Turnovers. Blocked punt. Overthrown receivers early. Receivers who couldn't catch later. Pretty dominating performance when you take all this into consideration. It truly could have been a blow out. Controlling the line on both sides of the ball really impressed me. Congratulations on another Big 10 Championship Buckeyes!

Now onto this playoff situation . . .Going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

Jamie

Ohio
a little sloppy, but I'll take it. this game could have easily been a total blowout. OSU pretty well dominated the line of scrimmage for the entire game, D-line in Hornibrooks face the whole game affected his accuracy badly. gave up 18 points off of turnovers. Barret 6 days after knee surgery played tough. we left three long touchdown passes on the field. two on the QB, one on the receiver. receivers open, dropping perfect passes. Dobbins is a stud. our O-line did not give up a sack, which is impressive play against the best defense (on paper) in the nation. Bama's weak schedule and mediocre play at the end of the season is likely going to hurt their chances of getting into the play off. Buckeye's quality wins down the stretch helping theirs. I didn't think we deserved to go last year, but I think we do this year.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm gonna go on the record and say that i don't agree. Alabama is nowhere near capable of beating clemson, Oklahoma, and probably not even Georgia IMO. BUT. And here is the other side of the coin. I don't think OSU deserved to go either, despite being Conf champs. (Remember PSU). Both Alabama and OSU had one loss to high ranked teams, but the big margin loss to 7-4 unranked iowa is a coffin nail for OSU IMo.

The problem with my "neither deserve to go" mentality is thats not reality and the CFP had to make a choice. They chose Bama, which shocks the ever loving shit out of me despite the precidence set last year by opting to not send the conf champs and instead sending OSU. And i'm shocked since the BCS days people are just plain tired of seeing Bama always in the fight and quite often winning. I figured they would jump at the first oportunity to sit bama out and set the idea of "see the CFP works". But what shocks me more is they sent two SEC teams and left the big 10 with their huge fan base for ratings and merchandising at home. I expect lots of ranting for an 8 team playoff over the next month or so.

In the end no harm no foul i guess. Neither OSU or Bama had a snowballs chance in hell at winning against oklahoma, clemson, or Georgia even if they brought their A game.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Resume, SOS and Conference Championships are things to not concidered I guess?
Granted, OSU surely doesn't deserve going, but IMO neither does Bama. Especially with only beating a #17 team and shit storm FSU. Oh well......:-/

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Resume, SOS and Conference Championships are things to not concidered I guess?
Granted, OSU surely doesn't deserve going, but IMO neither does Bama. Especially with only beating a #17 team and shit storm FSU. Oh well......:-/
Shit storm FSU was #3 when bama played them game 1, and lets not forget their star QB got a season ending knee injury in that game forcing them to play their true feshman QB the rest of the season.

Not counting FSU bama played 3 ranked teams this year just as OSU did, although not as highly ranked, and they only lost to one of them that was a very high ranking team themselves. While we can debate SOS all day the one fact remains Alabama did not lose by 4 touchdowns to one of their unranked opponents that went 7-4.

Not winning a conference title and still being picked for the number 4 playoff spot shouldn't surprise anyone. Especially not OSU fans as thats how they got in last year over PSU. OSU has both benefited and suffered due to the same conundrum. The difference is last year the committee stuck its neck out and sent OSU as non conf champions and their repayment was a shutout in a CFP game, and not even a close one to boot. So i can see why they may have been hesitant.

Not that it matters really. Neither team has a shot against the top 3 anyway. Clemson is going to embarrass alabam. Flat out.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I agree. Bama should be there. I do not agree Ohio State doesn't have a chance against Oklahoma. Not sure about GA. Clemson looks tough. They should win it all. I'm looking forward to them smacking the snot out of Bama.