Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017-18 Coyote Challenge

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Mark Sasquatch down for one😎

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
#1 for me might be laying back in the woods. We were scheduled for a power outage today to repair the damage that was done on NYE, so I canceled my meetings for the day and stayed home to monitor the generator. Around 10, I put the youngest down for a nap so I could hop on a Skype call, then set K up with snacks/drinks/toys in her room. She asked why we wouldn't have electric, so I opened the blinds to show her our service line coming in the house in an effort to answer her.

I open the blinds and caught a flash of movement coming down the hill across the road from us. Sure as shit, it's a big ass male coyote and he's headed straight towards the pines that line our western property line. Knowing full well he'd end up on the backyard, I sprinted down stairs, boot Remi out of the way of the gun safe, toss the muzzy aside in favor of the 1187, load it up and head back up to our bedroom.

As soon as I get to the window, that sum bitch pops out in the yard. I flung open the window, put up the screen and found him in scope right as he was starting to angle back in the woods. At the shot, he yelped and spun 2-3 360s, then went back in the woods. I lost him as I ran for the back door so I could follow up if he ran up towards the big woods in the back, but no such luck. I can't find blood, but see hair. I just let Lulu out and she stood back there barking and looking up behind the old shed. With a stiff SW wind, that's perfect to have been blowing at her and she was barking (bark she doesn't do often) at the smell. Next nap time for the little one, I'll resume the search.

Shot that fucker 20 yards from the playset! Thankful the dogs weren't out back!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
And after shooting out of the window. . . Did you have to calm the young one or did she sleep thru it? lmao

Just curious. Hope you got it Jesse!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Put me down for one! He didn't make it 40 yards. The entrance was gut/liver, exit right behind the heart. Given the rush of the moment and shooting him on the move at 50 yards, I'll take it! Weighed in at 43.30 pounds. Pretty damned healthy.

26168177_10105863511343184_6373551965644751734_n.jpg