Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2018 Buckeye Football Thread

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
We don't give a fuck about Alabama in an Ohio State thread! Why you acting like Mountaineer, Cory and Billy Jack? Maybe that right there is why the posts are down? Now Google me up 43 reasons why this is all OK...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We don't give a fuck about Alabama in an Ohio State thread! Why you acting like Mountaineer, Cory and Billy Jack? Maybe that right there is why the posts are down? Now Google me up 43 reasons why this is all OK...

Go take your meds buddy. It was you who posted the 2015 OSU vs Alabama highlight reel, did you honestly think I wouldn't respond to you? i was content talking football in the College football thread. Now you wanna get all "salty" as you put it, because i gave it back to you. Grow up chief, talking football smack is as American as apple pie. I would suggest if you take football this serious to where people can't talk smack back and forth you need to look hard in the mirror buddy. . As for posts, they over what they were last year and 4x our closest competitor.

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
You are not talking football. You are talking Alabama. My original post was about Ohio State Winning As The Underdog~~Not That Alabama Lost. It really would be appropriate for you to start an Alabama Thread. Seriously.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You are not talking football. You are talking Alabama. My original post was about Ohio State Winning As The Underdog~~Not That Alabama Lost. It really would be appropriate for you to start an Alabama Thread. Seriously.

Oh I see, you can post an OSU vs Bama highlight reel and I'm supposed to ignore it because you want a safe space. Did you honestly believe i wasn't going to respond to your post on that game? I wasn't mad, why you mad bro?

In 9 pages i haven't posted a thing about Bama in this thread except in response to someone on page one about the loss of depth when burrows left, and that was to basically say OSU has had a top recruiting class for 7+ years like Bama so it's nothing to worry about. So for the most part I've stayed out of here with bama stuff except in reply to you.

How about yesterdays Indiana game, do we need a new Indiana thread for that? How about when Michigan plays OSU; do we need a new Michigan thread for that? Or is that only if someone wants to discuss those teams favotably contrary to your opinion? Orrrr is it that you just want a safe space to shake your scarlet and gray pom poms and talk smack, but lord forbid anyone give it back or you'll throw your safe space flag?

I've stayed out of this thread all season but this ain't UC berkley buddy. Expect if you're posting stuff about other teams those people may respond to you. Be it Michigan, Notre Dame, or Alabama, etc.

Last edited:

Jamie

Ohio
yes, Nancy does get upset when I put on her cheerleader suit...

I gots pasties, too. wanna see me wearing them? :eek:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I’m still not happy with a few individuals play on our defense. I know they’re young but damn! Maybe I’m expecting too much and want them to play up to the elite player status like other top tier teams do. Werner,Borland and Arnette seem to be the ones who struggle the most. I can’t for the life of me help but wonder why the coaching staff hasn’t been able to correct their mistakes after watching tapes of all the games this year so far. Malik Harriston has great potential with his athleticism amongst the linebackers and why Browning isn’t starting is another big question. When he came in for Malik he looked worlds better than the other two I mentioned earlier. They seem to react to soon coming up and getting caught up in the crowd and the runner gets by them, easily! Werner seems like the one who struggles the most, going 100 MPH but going nowhere! Lol
Missed tackles dropped pick offs and seems to blow his assignments a lot. I’d like to see Browning get a shot since he seems to be playing better when given the chance.
Arnette struggles every game, he undersized and he rarely turns his head around to play the ball. Teams constantly throw his way knowing he’s either going to draw a flag or get out jumped for a pass. Haven’t seen enough of the second team to know if they are better.

Our offense will need to score 40 plus points a game if these defensive positions aren’t dealt with soon, IMO.

As far as our O, the run blocking needs to get better as far as I can see. Haskins is throwing nicely to the wide range of receivers,backs and TE’s. Occasionally they drop a catchable pass or Haskins throws an errant pass but so far this season I’m very impressed with this phase or the team. Our D line is our strongest unit and our O line has the potential to be as great but still needs work, imo.

We had a great time even though it was very hot and humid. I heard there was 104+K there to watch the game. Here are a few pics.

Got to slap a high 5 with Chase Young’s big paw.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wish I could have seen the game. Only caught bits and pieces on the radio. Didn't sound real great. Thanks for your input Ric. Your assessments always seem pretty honest. Glad you, Ron, and your spouses had a good time!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I’m still not happy with a few individuals play on our defense. I know they’re young but damn! Maybe I’m expecting too much and want them to play up to the elite player status like other top tier teams do. Werner,Borland and Arnette seem to be the ones who struggle the most. I can’t for the life of me help but wonder why the coaching staff hasn’t been able to correct their mistakes after watching tapes of all the games this year so far. Malik Harriston has great potential with his athleticism amongst the linebackers and why Browning isn’t starting is another big question. When he came in for Malik he looked worlds better than the other two I mentioned earlier. They seem to react to soon coming up and getting caught up in the crowd and the runner gets by them, easily! Werner seems like the one who struggles the most, going 100 MPH but going nowhere! Lol
Missed tackles dropped pick offs and seems to blow his assignments a lot. I’d like to see Browning get a shot since he seems to be playing better when given the chance.
Arnette struggles every game, he undersized and he rarely turns his head around to play the ball. Teams constantly throw his way knowing he’s either going to draw a flag or get out jumped for a pass. Haven’t seen enough of the second team to know if they are better.

Our offense will need to score 40 plus points a game if these defensive positions aren’t dealt with soon, IMO.

As far as our O, the run blocking needs to get better as far as I can see. Haskins is throwing nicely to the wide range of receivers,backs and TE’s. Occasionally they drop a catchable pass or Haskins throws an errant pass but so far this season I’m very impressed with this phase or the team. Our D line is our strongest unit and our O line has the potential to be as great but still needs work, imo.

We had a great time even though it was very hot and humid. I heard there was 104+K there to watch the game. Here are a few pics.

Got to slap a high 5 with Chase Young’s big paw.

Awesome post Ric and great observation regarding the teams performance. Good thing you are an OSU fan, because if anyone else wrote that it would instantly be disregarded and that person accused of shit talking or running down the Buckeyes. Funny how that works. The only people who can have an honest observation have to be fans or they're automatically presumed to be a shit talking asshole. 🤔

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Is that ron’s spouse behind him?
ROTFLMFAO 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I saw what Phil posted but thought I wouldn’t correct him since it was a slight error and you guys might miss it but the lil fugger in the back of my mind said, “You DA, you know what kind of characters we have here! One of these comedians will be on that like Richard Simmons on a banana!” Thanks for backing that up Dave, 😎👍🏻😂