Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019 Buckeyes Football Thread

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
While I get what Ryan was saying, I'm not sure I agree with him. Purdue. Purdue puts more emphasis on their engineering program than their football program. I'm not sure I agree that U of M does the same. I hear their medical school is pretty impressive. They sure do sell a lot of merchandise though. Their football program is generally in the top 25. Can't remember a time it wasn't in the last 15-20yrs. You don't get that by not caring or placing emphasis on it. In fact, I heard they cornered the MRDD market on gear. Every time I see someone wear the maize and blue I smile at that special needs person. (Lord forgive me. Couldn't help myself on that one.)

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Do you have facts to back up this idea that some schools value a sport more than others. Or is this simply you opinion? Sounds like an excuse for Michigan sucking to me.
Good god, it's not enough that OSU dominates us. I've told you, I'm not throwing on your spare scarlett and grey underoos and joining you to a self pleasuring session of your favorite buckeye posters in your bedroom.

Creamer

Athens
He ain't going anywhere. He aint getting fired. In all reality, what is Michigan? They are and have always been a 10-2 9-3 type team except 1997. We dont and never have gotten the talent that OSU gets. Granted, he should beat them atleast once in awhile. OSU, BAMA, CLEMSON. UGA, and LSU are machines right now. From recruiting standpoint, they should be. They just get athletes on another level

They may not can him, but maybe he decides to leave? He has a track record of not staying in one place for too long. Granted, he has much stronger ties to Michigan, but maybe? He has to see that he isn't close to beating OSU and it probably won't happen next year, either.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Damn if only OSU put more emphasis on their medical school and not football, maybe my uncle would be alive. But ya know gotta have them priorities.
Funny you say that. A few years back I developed some serious medical conditions and OSU saved my life. I continue to make thzt 2 hour drive a couple times a year for testing. They are wonderful and Im forever in debt to them

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
ZomboMeme 04122019041046.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Since empathy is all the rage these days, I'll place myself in a Michigan fans shoes... 🤮

Ah, nevermind. 😂

In all seriousness though, wasn't Harbaugh supposed to be QB savior? He's had time to recruit and develop. To me, what is as troubling as his paltry record is his QB play is still mediocre to good. Not great by any means short of a few flashes of brilliance by Patterson this year. He lit us up in the first half, then fell flat in the second. So if I'm a maize and blue believer, I want an answer for the QB situation and he's not delivered on that despite ample time and resources.

Reactions: Mike and Jamie

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Since empathy is all the rage these days, I'll place myself in a Michigan fans shoes... 🤮

Ah, nevermind. 😂

In all seriousness though, wasn't Harbaugh supposed to be QB savior? He's had time to recruit and develop. To me, what is as troubling as his paltry record is his QB play is still mediocre to good. Not great by any means short of a few flashes of brilliance by Patterson this year. He lit us up in the first half, then fell flat in the second. So if I'm a maize and blue believer, I want an answer for the QB situation and he's not delivered on that despite ample time and resources.
Yep, cant argue there. Probably doeant help bringing in guys to run the offense every other year and cycling through QB's just as often

Jamie

Ohio
I agree with Jesse. I thought QB recruits would have been lining up for the chance to play for Harbaugh, but that has not happened. I think his days are numbered whether he chooses to move on or not.

Reactions: Mike

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What has become of us? U of M fans are looking like Charlie Brown waiting for the next football to get yanked as they land on their butt. OSU fans tease lightly but "almost" feel bad for them. Almost. The rivalry isn't great when you win every single year. There needs to at least be a chance of losing. The last two years should have been closer games. Maybe not as much this year, but last year shouldn't have been the butt stomping we put down.

Reactions: Gern186

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I agree with Jesse. I thought QB recruits would have been lining up for the chance to play for Harbaugh, but that has not happened. I think his days are numbered whether he chooses to move on or not.
To be truthful, Patterson was #2 QB in his class. He wanted UM the whole time but Hoke screwed that up. We had Brandon Peters, who transferred and playes really good at Illinois. He was a top 5 QB. Just had a new guy who was a SR in high school committed dor nearly a year have t give up football due to a heart issue. We have arguably the best QB for 2021 committed in JJ McCarthy. So, getting top kids isnt the problem, developing is

Reactions: Creamer