Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019 deer trailcam pics

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
How much is license and price of extra doe tags? Asking for a friend
D7A7E5D1-6C6A-43BF-8FB1-A89CE8B7599C.jpeg

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I purchase the all around sportsmen license ($72.25) as it is $5 cheaper than purchasing the archery, firearms and fishing licenses separately. Add $28 each for extended bow, shotgun and muzzleloader. Add another $28 each for a buck stub for extended bow, shotgun and muzzleloader. Another $10.50 for rifle permit and $21 for each turkey permit (1 Tom per permit). Jersey nickel and dimes you to death!

Fletch

Supporting Member
I would have no problem driving to NJ to fling arrows at slick heads!:ROFLMAO:

Well, before you run out and buy a license and make that drive I'll point out to not be mis-led by Fury's pics.... Believe me the deer herd here is not what used to be due to mis-management by our DNR professionals... In many area's you will spend the day without seeing a single deer... This is due to seasons that are way to long and liberal bag limits... How can you maintain a healthy deer herd when you start seasons in Sept. that run through Feb. while shooting unlimited does... I'll bet you I don't see a single deer next week while bear hunting...

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Well, before you run out and buy a license and make that drive I'll point out to not be mis-led by Fury's pics.... Believe me the deer herd here is not what used to be due to mis-management by our DNR professionals... In many area's you will spend the day without seeing a single deer... This is due to seasons that are way to long and liberal bag limits... How can you maintain a healthy deer herd when you start seasons in Sept. that run through Feb. while shooting unlimited does... I'll bet you I don't see a single deer next week while bear hunting...
A lot of areas in the southern part of jersey have plenty of deer. Like I stated earlier, behind my house it’s common to see 40+ deer per sit. Even state land I’ll see on average five per sit....sometimes I won’t see any but that is rare. Also, the deer here are small...a average doe is around 70-80lbs dressed and bucks around 110lbs. I’ve killed 140lb deer but they are the exception.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I can only hunt weekends until my November vacation...so that leaves me with weekends only. Can’t hunt mornings there as the deer are there an hour or two before daylight and I’ll bump them if I go in. So that leaves me with afternoon sits two days a week. Last Saturday I saw plenty of bucks but not the one I’m after, Sunday the same but got rained out at the end of the sit. This weekend I got a cold from my wife (patient zero) and couldn’t go more than five minutes without coughing so this weekends a scratch. I will try for next weekend but after that, I’ll be in Ohio, so this stand will sit idle until I get back. If I was retired, my Jersey fall bow tag would be filled by now!😊

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I can only hunt weekends until my November vacation...so that leaves me with weekends only. Can’t hunt mornings there as the deer are there an hour or two before daylight and I’ll bump them if I go in. So that leaves me with afternoon sits two days a week. Last Saturday I saw plenty of bucks but not the one I’m after, Sunday the same but got rained out at the end of the sit. This weekend I got a cold from my wife (patient zero) and couldn’t go more than five minutes without coughing so this weekends a scratch. I will try for next weekend but after that, I’ll be in Ohio, so this stand will sit idle until I get back. If I was retired, my Jersey fall bow tag would be filled by now![emoji4]

All excuses. If you know your buck is there 2 hours before daylight, a real killa would be in the stand 2.5 hours before daylight. That walk across the back yard must be a killer. Maybe you not mad at them and have resorted to just taking pictures of deer [emoji2377]

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
All excuses. If you know your buck is there 2 hours before daylight, a real killa would be in the stand 2.5 hours before daylight. That walk across the back yard must be a killer. Maybe you not mad at them and have resorted to just taking pictures of deer [emoji2377]
My stand is in zone 65 Camden county. I live in zone 25 Gloucester county. Don’t have enough time to get there after work. If I could, I would..trust me.

Reactions: triple_duece