Are they wearing goggle's also? Is a Mask useless with out covering the eyes?
Now what goggles can do is increase your protection from the virus coming in to contact with the membranes of your eyes and leading to infection. To use some funny numbers for illustration purposes. Let's say wearing both will give you a combined 95% protection. Wearing only a mask gives you 80% protection, wearing only goggles gives you a 15% protection.
This is why I draw issue with their statements around healthy people wearing masks. These aren't accurate numbers but will illustrate my point.
- Full biocontainment suit = 100% Protection
- Full face respirator = 99.99% Protection
- N95 Mask = 95% Protection
- Standard Surgical Mask 70% Protection
- Your dirty underwear wrapped around your face = 25% Protection
- Nothing covering your mouth and nose = 0% Protection..
Number 6 being the CDC recommended protection level for healthy people.. Give me a break.