Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
The United States is a model for other countries to follow in this pandemic. Outstanding leadership and planning. Btw any hospital worth a shit would inform a patient the pre procedure requirements prior to the appointment - doncha reckon

Floki

The United States is a model for other countries to follow in this pandemic. Outstanding leadership and planning. Btw any hospital worth a shit would inform a patient the pre procedure requirements prior to the appointment - doncha reckon

Union hospital. Yeah ya would think. Trying to grease the wheel with all these appointments is frustrating to say the least. Been a rodeo. I had five appoints starting tommrow through next week got it down to 3.. It’s a mess to say the least.

Floki

They can charge for a test on a patient but they have to pay for a test on an employee. It’s all about the Benjamins

Yeah, I read some where they get 13 or 14k if someone tests positive for the kung flu. Not sure if it’s true or not. But damn man co pays co pays and a lot more to come. Pisses me off. Yet gotta play the game . Don’t want hostility with the people this is going to be a journey.

Floki

That's the problem in all of this.. We've allowed corporate lawyers that are scared of everything from lawsuis to not being "woke" to determine courses of action for an infectious disease. Most of it is arbitrary, unfounded, and for show. Why do you need a covid test if masks offer protection to infected and uninfected persons? Is the risk of covid between two people wearing masks somehow more dangerous than missing a chance to detect cancer at an early stage? freaking stupid.

Exactly!! I told her once he got back to room and put on the garb it shoulda been done. A couple of the nurses even tried to get biopsy done. Told my uncle the doctor coulda done it but choose not to.

I told my uncle he may have been his last appointment of the day. So he got the rest the day off. It’s absolutely lunacy. It’s frustrating to see him frustrated. His wife of 50 years died from lung cancer a couple years back. It’s a brutal way to go. I try just to keep him in good spirits. Sorta laughed it off and said we just going to have to go back.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Exactly!! I told her once he got back to room and put on the garb it shoulda been done. A couple of the nurses even tried to get biopsy done. Told my uncle the doctor coulda done it but choose not to.

I told my uncle he may have been his last appointment of the day. So he got the rest the day off. It’s absolutely lunacy. It’s frustrating to see him frustrated. His wife of 50 years died from lung cancer a couple years back. It’s a brutal way to go. I try just to keep him in good spirits. Sorta laughed it off and said we just going to have to go back.
Shoulda had a side bar with Dr Douchebag....After pissing his pants he may have changed his mind...

Schu72

Streetsboro
You guys are a hoot.

Not sure about all hospitals, but this is our current protocol. If you are schedule for a test/surgery that is considered aerosolizing (anything where you will be intubated or something that is likely to cause coughing, gagging, etc) you will need a COVID test. Even if you test positive they may still perform the test if deemed urgent/emergent. I had a small surgical procedure back on July 11th. I did not need a covid test. Answered a questionnaire and had my temp checked.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You guys are a hoot.

Not sure about all hospitals, but this is our current protocol. If you are schedule for a test/surgery that is considered aerosolizing (anything where you will be intubated or something that is likely to cause coughing, gagging, etc) you will need a COVID test. Even if you test positive they may still perform the test if deemed urgent/emergent. I had a small surgical procedure back on July 11th. I did not need a covid test. Answered a questionnaire and had my temp checked.

Seems logical to me.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not sure there is a SOP for testing employees. My friend's wife got tested once. Nursing home RN. Then nothing for weeks. Now it is weekly. I've heard different standards for several different medical facilities in our area. Nursing home different than two local hospitals which were different than say an orthopedic center. I don't think there is a "standard."

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
859821D5-7F87-410A-ADF3-D28FC65F5067.jpeg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We got the mmr’s but I don’t remember and what frequency. I’ll have too dog out my old shot records 😂
Our deployments we got boat loads of vaccines and what not. MMR was part of it.

I can guarantee you've had an MMR. They're very common.