Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Do mask mandates and stringent business closures work? The evidence suggests not.

IMG_20201221_100007.jpg
IMG_20201221_100345.jpg
IMG_20201221_100103.jpg
IMG_20201221_100039.jpg
IMG_20201221_100023.jpg
IMG_20201221_095927.png
IMG_20201221_095924.png

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Yeah lock n the barn door after the horses are gone - TOO many refuse to follow mandate to make it effective - need numbers on wearing a mask and not wearing a mask - mask wearing became a political issue not a medical issue as the divide continues the numbers will be divided - to little to late - herd immunity will not happen - vaccines are the best chance we have

Last edited:

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Yeah lock n the barn door after the horses are gone - TOO many refuse to follow mandate to make it effective - need numbers on wearing a mask and not wearing a mask - mask wearing became a political issue not a medical issue as the divide continues the numbers will be divided - to little to late - herd immunity will not happen - vaccines are the best chance we have

If not wearing masks was an issue you would see areas no mask mandates spiking faster and going higher than areas with mandates, even with less than full compliance to the mandates, but that is not what is happening.

Reactions: aholdren and Blan37

Geezer II

portage county oh
If not wearing masks was an issue you would see areas no mask mandates spiking faster and going higher than areas with mandates, even with less than full compliance to the mandates, but that is not what is happening.
Just because there is a no mask mandate doesn't mean that some people in that state don't wear masks - didja notice that most political leaders are wearing masks now and lineing up for vaccine shots

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Just because there is a no mask mandate doesn't mean that some people in that state don't wear masks - didja notice that most political leaders are wearing masks now and lineing up for vaccine shots

But that would also provide evidence that mandating masks doesn't do any good. The charts above make those comparisons. From what those comparisons are showing, mandates do little to no good, and in some cases have increased the rate if covid. My guess is by increasing face touching and improper mask handling.

Geezer II

portage county oh
But that would also provide evidence that mandating masks doesn't do any good. The charts above make those comparisons. From what those comparisons are showing, mandates do little to no good, and in some cases have increased the rate if covid. My guess is by increasing face touching and improper mask handling.

Yes you may be right would be interesting to see mask vs no mask cases - mandates had too many people that refused to comply to be effective - people braged about not wearing them like it was some kind of badge of honor and i guess it was for some - for me the fact the there wasn' t compliance with the mandate by millions of people makes that graph thing useless - semi- mandates don't work to well - just say n - cdc - medical experts, political leaders sing n a different tune - well were world leaders covid wise now - shows ya what we know

I agree mandates do no good if there is no compliance -

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yes you may be right would be interesting to see mask vs no mask cases - mandates had too many people that refused to comply to be effective - people braged about not wearing them like it was some kind of badge of honor and i guess it was for some - for me the fact the there wasn' t compliance with the mandate by millions of people makes that graph thing useless - semi- mandates don't work to well - just say n - cdc - medical experts, political leaders sing n a different tune - well were world leaders covid wise now - shows ya what we know

I agree mandates do no good if there is no compliance -

But that doesn't make sense man. Any compliance rate should make a difference if mask mandates worked. I mean look at this one from Florida in counties with a mask mandate and couture without a mandate. The rate is higher in mandated counties.

IMG_20201221_100345.jpg

This one compares Florida which fauchi said would be a disaster because then lifted most mandates, and California with their massive mandates.
IMG_20201221_100007.jpg

This one compares a number of different states with various mandates and lack of mandates. The data curve remains largely the same no matter what they did.

IMG_20201221_100103.jpg

The evidence isn't there that mandating closures and masks changes anything. Compliance notwithstanding a mandate should have at least improved or changed the situation slightly.

Reactions: Blan37

Geezer II

portage county oh
But that doesn't make sense man. Any compliance rate should make a difference if mask mandates worked. I mean look at this one from Florida in counties with a mask mandate and couture without a mandate. The rate is higher in mandated counties.

View attachment 116905

This one compares Florida which fauchi said would be a disaster because then lifted most mandates, and California with their massive mandates.
View attachment 116907

This one compares a number of different states with various mandates and lack of mandates. The data curve remains largely the same no matter what they did.

View attachment 116908

The evidence isn't there that mandating closures and masks changes anything. Compliance notwithstanding a mandate should have at least improved or changed the situation slightly.

Well yes one would think it would but there were large gatherings and protest and marches and super spreader event that would have to be factored in - i would like to see mask vs no mask numbers. Please tell me why mandates cause more covid cases - was it just mask wearing compliant people or non mask wearing non mandate people or both who got the virus. Maybe it was the social behavior the mandates brought out in our society. Still try to process this - thanks for your replies Joe.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I went for a procedure on Fri. while there I asked every doctor and nurse there if they were getting the vaccine... Each and everyone said most definately, in fact we are getting it Monday... If doctors are getting it I feel safe with it...

Just like some areas are Buckeye fans and others are Florida or Bama or UCLA fans. . . I think the willingness to take the vaccine or not may be regional. Wife is an RN. She has been on the fence. She wants more info and long term studies. Was concerned they would mandate it at her work. They did NOT mandate it. So far it appears one person (number on a chart) has signed up for it. They ARE offering it though. I find it interesting there is even a divide within the medical field. This thing is simply bizarre. No rhyme nor reason as to it in many cases.

Sarge- haven't opened this thread for awhile. Sorry to hear about your mother. Prayers she is doing better.

I hate to ask @Snyder10 what after effects he is having but I do find it interesting. This is scary stuff. Sorry to read this. Prayers they disappear.

I think the unknown side effects of the vaccine are the scariest part of the vaccine.