Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well yes one would think it would but there were large gatherings and protest and marches and super spreader event that would have to be factored in - i would like to see mask vs no mask numbers. Please tell me why mandates cause more covid cases - was it just mask wearing compliant people or non mask wearing non mandate people or both who got the virus. Maybe it was the social behavior the mandates brought out in our society. Still try to process this - thanks for your replies Joe.

The data simply supports that mandates, as applied, didn't work, not that masks or social distancing doesn't work or is ineffective. Everything you stated is absolutely correct and happened, social behaviors also changed as you stated.

One theory about why masks might cause more covid is they're not being worn, handled, sanitized, or stored correctly leading to increased contamination. It also promotes a ton of face touching. It also may lead to a false sense of security and a reduction in social distancing, surgical masks, homemade cloth masks, and bandanas are not that effective, in the teens actually. Just some thoughts.

Last edited:

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
The data simply supports that mandates, as applied, didn't work, not that masks or social distancing doesn't work or is ineffective. Everything you stated is absolutely correct and happened, social behaviors also changed as you stated.

One theory about why masks might cause more covid is they're not being worn, handled, sanitized, or stored correctly leading to increased contamination. It also promotes a ton of face touching. It also may lead to a false sense of security and a reduction in social distancing, surgical masks, homemade cloth masks, and bandanas are not that effective, in the teens actually. Just some thoughts.

Thanks for your insightfull posts

Bowkills

Nw oh
My mother and father in law tested positive today. They are both overweight late 50s he has bad diabetes that runs in his family. He has the cough. I think it's nocking the shit out of him so far. Hopefully it's like most cases.

Reactions: Big_Holla

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My mother and father in law tested positive today. They are both overweight late 50s he has bad diabetes that runs in his family. He has the cough. I think it's nocking the shit out of him so far. Hopefully it's like most cases.
Sorry too hear that BK.... They’ll be in our thoughts...

Reactions: Bowkills
Sorry to hear BK, we all will be thinking of them.

Last week was the first days where I finally felt good in a month. Fever set in November 14 and last day of feeling like shit was December 12. Constant fatigue seemed to be the worst part after the original sickness and symptoms. It would get to where I couldn't make it past noon without feeling like I needed to sleep til the next morning. Going to the farm for the weekend was a good test as I walked more and did more without getting that sudden drop in energy. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My wife and sister both got the Moderna vaccine today. I guess I'll know shortly if it makes you contagious.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It shouldn't. What it could do is make them not realize they've been infected and are thus contagious to others.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Bowkills

Nw oh
Thanks for concerns. Just kind of wondering what ifs now. Update on my grandparents. 91yr old gma swears the secret to long life is red wine (she's fine physically ). It seems red wine with someone to share it with the whole way through is the secret. Gpa isn't doing as well and has been getting worse. He's 81 blood clots in the lungs and fluid, possibly had mini strokes (just diagnosed). He's still at home with my uncle and gma caring for him which is probably the best place for him. Not sure if covid just kicked his immune system making them show up or caused them. He was slipping down the hill pre covid but this has drastically increased it. Healthy enough to stay at home thank God. In laws feel like they have been hit by a truck today. Everyone alive and kickin nobody in the hospital. Hoping everyone keeps healthy out there!