Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
“Do I agree that it’s possible that Covid-19 emerged through a lab leak? Of course. It’s been widely reported that we shut down discussion on that. But in the WHO report, which I was part of — and in fact I led the animal environmental side for the WHO side — we state that it’s extremely unlikely. We don’t state that it’s impossible it came from the lab. Of course it’s possible.”

I was going to take a few key quotes out of the article but as I got into it I realized you all really need to read the article.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
“Do I agree that it’s possible that Covid-19 emerged through a lab leak? Of course. It’s been widely reported that we shut down discussion on that. But in the WHO report, which I was part of — and in fact I led the animal environmental side for the WHO side — we state that it’s extremely unlikely. We don’t state that it’s impossible it came from the lab. Of course it’s possible.”

I was going to take a few key quotes out of the article but as I got into it I realized you all really need to read the article.

They're never going to admit it. They always point to the lack of a smoking gun and draw out anything they can point to for doubt. But the reality is a bat coronavirus made its way to the general population in a location famed for conducting research in that exact virus and had applied for funding to add function to the virus that would make it capable of infecting humans. Fuck a smoking gun it's pretty damn obvious what happened.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
They're never going to admit it. They always point to the lack of a smoking gun and draw out anything they can point to for doubt. But the reality is a bat coronavirus made its way to the general population in a location famed for conducting research in that exact virus and had applied for funding to add function to the virus that would make it capable of infecting humans. Fuck a smoking gun it's pretty damn obvious what happened.
He gave vague and evasive answers, not unequivocal denials. He even said another researcher probably didn’t do research that could have contributed to Covid. A year ago his answers would have been much more definitive and he probably would have expressed anger at the interviewer for parroting conspiracy theories. So I agree they probably won’t admit it but they know they need to tap dance around the answers now.

Snyder10

If it worked once why not do it again.
I agree, at this point I'm pretty sure it will come down to who can "cheat" the best to win. Then once I put my tinfoil hat on, how many times has it happened in the past? Does anyone really trust the media at this point...in anything? I literally got rid of my cable because of the fake news reports. Even when I switched over to NewsMax, even that's painful to watch.

I agree, wait for the next "spike" in cases, but when will that cycle end? Likely never..

I was born in the wrong era I know that much

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Screenshot_20220324-120544_Twitter.jpg

Nothing to see here, just following the science...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

This may be old as they stopped accepting blood for antibody testing about 6 months ago. Simple answer was the vaccinated antibodies were not as robust as the ones developed through natural immunity. Natural immunity provided full spectrum protection against all segments of the virus, where as the vaccine only targeted the spike protein for antibody response.