Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Screenshot_20220307-062149_Instagram.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The same organization that pushed opioids on an unsuspecting public. A lot of the article could of been summarized as, if you’re not on any other meds, have at it. If you are on meds, consult your pill pushing Dr……

My wife was in the medical field for 30 years I’ve seen a lot of BS over those 30 years. Nothing like the last 2…..

Reactions: giles and Big_Holla

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
The same organization that pushed opioids on an unsuspecting public. A lot of the article could of been summarized as, if you’re not on any other meds, have at it. If you are on meds, consult your pill pushing Dr……

My wife was in the medical field for 30 years I’ve seen a lot of BS over those 30 years. Nothing like the last 2…..
3 nurses (RN) and one surgeon in the family - my family and I have been lucky with docs and hospitals (CleveClinic) - not a pill pusher in the bunch

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike and "J"

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

I always take what the AMA says with a grain of salt. They operate at times like a union for family care doctors. They have actively spoken out to limit the capability of services like tele-doc, urgent care, and prescribing pharmacies. They know that if you remove the family care doctor as a roadblock to medications like a z-pack and prednisone then family care docs stand to lose a huge chunk of their business overnight, especially pediatricians. In many developed and undeveloped nations, pharmacists have prescription powers. One-stop-shop for very common ailments. Walk into a pharmacy, consult with the pharmacist, he writes and fills the script. I will however say good on them for bringing to light that these antivirals aren't exactly safe and can cause issues.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I always take what the AMA says with a grain of salt. They operate at times like a union for family care doctors. They have actively spoken out to limit the capability of services like tele-doc, urgent care, and prescribing pharmacies. They know that if you remove the family care doctor as a roadblock to medications like a z-pack and prednisone then family care docs stand to lose a huge chunk of their business overnight, especially pediatricians. In many developed and undeveloped nations, pharmacists have prescription powers. One-stop-shop for very common ailments. Walk into a pharmacy, consult with the pharmacist, he writes and fills the script. I will however say good on them for bringing to light that these antivirals aren't exactly safe and can cause issues.
Maybe that made sense when pharmacist only had bachelors or masters degrees but pharmacists are doctors now.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Private family doctors are becomming extinct