Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Oh absolutely. Not to mention the top research scientist who years ago wrote a medical paper on the capability to create this exact virus was prohibited from researching in the US so she went to China and was the head scientist at the wuhan lab doing coronavirus research. She has just disappeared in China and refuses to talk. The. "coincidences" are simply too great. Personally, there is no doubt. To me though, what is more disturbing. Is not the fact that it was covered up, or that the media is helping cover it up. It's that the vast majority of the American people believe and never question what they're being told.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
To me though, what is more disturbing. Is not the fact that it was covered up, or that the media is helping cover it up. It's that the vast majority of the American people believe and never question what they're being told.
I wholeheartedly agree. It is so disturbing to see.

For the most part, our society has been conditioned to be a spoon-fed, convenience-dependent mass. The path of least resistance is, well, easier to follow. Why push past our comfort zone and critically question anything? That might be uncomfortable.

If we don't feel good, our health care providers are ready and willing to write a prescription for any of a million different ailments. Never mind looking for a root cause. That's difficult. Just take a pill. Don't worry about the side affects, we can treat those too... Not saying modern medicine is bad. It is not. It has just been my own personal experience most health care providers (most don't deserve to be called Doctor) give you a ten minute office visit and are super eager to hand you a prescription, rather than listen, investigate, look for the deeper root cause, then make a diagnosis, and outline treatment options. They don't have time. They are running a business after all.

All of this, and much, much, more, has conditioned our society. We are weak. We are soft. We just want our stuff. We just want convenience. We don't want to think. We don't want to be uncomfortable. We don't like honesty, especially if it means our beliefs about something may have been wrong. Even worse is when those beliefs might be tied to a political party.

Bowkills

Nw oh
So I now realize I can't smell worth a damn anymore. My smell hasn't returned to what it was. They were cleaning out shitters downwind of the scaffold twice now. A gagging stench gets people running. I can sense it more in my mouth than nose. I'll get hints of smells hear and there but it's only faint. Or I had it again, just thought of that.....

Reactions: Big_Holla

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
So I now realize I can't smell worth a damn anymore. My smell hasn't returned to what it was. They were cleaning out shitters downwind of the scaffold twice now. A gagging stench gets people running. I can sense it more in my mouth than nose. I'll get hints of smells hear and there but it's only faint. Or I had it again, just thought of that.....
Have you taken any zinc since the pandemic? I heard that Covid lowers your zinc which is what causes the lost of taste and smell. I’ve been taking it and D3 all along. I was told if I do get Covid that I wouldn’t lose those senses, But I never looked into it either. It’s worth a shot.🤷🏻‍♂️

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Have you taken any zinc since the pandemic? I heard that Covid lowers your zinc which is what causes the lost of taste and smell. I’ve been taking it and D3 all along. I was told if I do get Covid that I wouldn’t lose those senses, But I never looked into it either. It’s worth a shot.🤷🏻‍♂️
I was on Zinc and D3 for months before getting Covid. I lost taste and smell on a Wednesday and had it back by monday iirc.

I started taking zinc not too long after getting Covid and continued to do so up until about two months ago. I never did lose taste or smell when I had Covid or even after. I stopped taking zinc after finding out from my doctor that taking it for too long is not good for you and can cause you to have random muscle aches and pains, some of which I thought was related to my heart. Within two weeks of stopping taking it I started noticing these odd pains had gone away. He recommended only taking zinc when you were sick and for short durations only.

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I started taking zinc not too long after getting Covid and continue to do so up until about two months ago. I never did lose taste or smell when I had Covid or even after. I stopped taking zinc after finding out from my doctor that taking it for too long is not good for you and can cause you to have random muscle aches and pains, some of which I thought was related to my heart. Within two weeks of stopping taking it I started noticing these odd pains had gone away. He recommended only taking zinc when you were sick and for short durations only.
Wow, interesting Chuck! Thanks for heads up...👍🏻

Reactions: Big_Holla

Bowkills

Nw oh
I'll get it a whirl. I had covid in January lost all smell for 2weeks at least. It came back but I didn't notice how weak it is until the shit house cleaning.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'll get it a whirl. I had covid in January lost all smell for 2weeks at least. It came back but I didn't notice how weak it is until the shit house cleaning.
Lost taste and smell in November. Taste came back after a week and smell took at least 2 weeks. To this day my sense of smell still isn't what it use to be. I can't tell you how many things that should have very different smells from one another that now smell the same. Even stranger yet is the fact they don't even smell like anything I can even compare it to when trying to explain it to others. My son was eating some snacks yesterday and it had that same strange smell so I grabbed the bag and had to hold it directly under my nose to get the real scent. He's eaten them before so I knew what it should have smelled like.

I did see the other day that the receptors can be damaged and can take months to regrow. Until they grow back the damaged ones don't send all the information to your brain.

Bowkills

Nw oh
probably damaged my senses during the loss of smell during covid testing all the stuff you shouldn't breath in the 1st place, smoke, acids, perfumes, anything that normally would make you gag with eyes watering. held it up to your nose taking a huge sniff just in aw that you can't smell it.

1620049803207.png