Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Jamie

Ohio
Ask yourself this, why is not standard treatment for covid patients as soon as they test positive to treat them with monoclonal antibodies and Ivermectin?
Because if we did that, the fear and hysteria would be gone very quickly. People would put covid on the back burner where it belongs and start living their lives again, the CDC and federal government would appear to be even more incompetent and fraudulent (if that is even possible now), and big pharma and health care systems would lose billions of dollars. Your tax dollars.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
247496EF-3683-4D3C-8044-4E860D4A0DA9.jpeg

Reactions: Boarhead
Ask yourself this, why is not standard treatment for covid patients as soon as they test positive to treat them with monoclonal antibodies and Ivermectin?
That was "My Standard Treatment!" But then I had to ask them to put me on the list for MCA's and it is BYOPP for the IVRMTN...

BYOPP you ask? Bring your own Pony Paste.

We got the pill form via the internet.

But be aware!!! The pill form is not approved for the treatment of Horses!

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
The vaccine has shown to be about as effective as shaking chicken bones at Omicron when it comes to infection.

I do wonder how much less transmission might have happened if we didn't create a world of asymptomatic superspreaders though.
Do the chicken bones have to be dry or can fresh ones be used. Any chicken bones ok. Lol

The lady that owns the local BBQ restaurant Jenna worked at for a couple years through college just passed from covid. She was in her early 70's and had some sort of underlying conditions her youngest son referred to. Her oldest son/his brother is also in the hospital in the ICU with severe pneumonia from covid. He's in his early 50's and it isn't looking good for him as well.

I was wrong about the son's age, he was 42 when he passed last week. Yes, he died from Covid. He was very active, athletic, was an underwater diver and often worked for the dive & recovery team for our county.

A mom of one of Allen's teammates in HS has been in the hospital for over a week with Covid related pneumonia. Terry and Allen both seem to be coming down with something the last couple days. All the symptoms anyway.

The mother is back home now recovering. Seems to be getting by but is taking it one day at a time.

Allen and Terry both have recovered although Terry still has a lingering cough, not sure if I updated that here recently. Terry never did test positive but was same symptoms as Allen. Somehow I stayed away from it...knock on wood, Jenna as well.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Also how would a patient know which strand they have? Would they tell you.l?
I heard a doctor recently that said most facilities do not have the ability to differentiate between variants. They take the numbers from the facilities to that do and assume they have similar percentage of cases.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I heard a doctor recently that said most facilities do not have the ability to differentiate between variants. They take the numbers from the facilities to that do and assume they have similar percentage of cases.

Yeah it's a guess without expensive genetic sequencing. An educated guess though, usually highly virulent strains burn out less virulent strains. Delta has a R0 of 7 and Omi is around 21. So if delta can't find 7 people that don't already have OMI, or recently recovered from it, that person doesn't infect anyone with Delta and it burns out.

Reactions: Clay Showalter

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Announcement in the airport.

"Hartsfield Jackson Airport continues to follow CDC guidelines to stop the spread of Covid-19"

Uhhhhhh. At what point do we admit the CDC guidelines aren't stopping the spread of fuck all.

Screenshot_20220124-130655_Chrome.jpg

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Now I have a sore throat and cough, my middle son has been dealing with it for over 2 weeks. They gave him steroid shot and antibiotics he felt a little better for 2 days now crappy again.

my youngest son had it, went to the Dr, tested for everything flu, strep, covid, all came back negative. Sent off a strep test it was negative, he had red spots on the rear of the roof of his mouth.

whatever it is, is viral so can’t treat it with antibiotics so we just wait.

we have all tested negative for covid, my question what if this is a strain that doesn’t show up in the test?