Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Now I have a sore throat and cough, my middle son has been dealing with it for over 2 weeks. They gave him steroid shot and antibiotics he felt a little better for 2 days now crappy again.

my youngest son had it, went to the Dr, tested for everything flu, strep, covid, all came back negative. Sent off a strep test it was negative, he had red spots on the rear of the roof of his mouth.

whatever it is, is viral so can’t treat it with antibiotics so we just wait.

we have all tested negative for covid, my question what if this is a strain that doesn’t show up in the test?

Hate to hear this. Omi will show up in a test but day three post symptoms is the best time to test. My wife tested negative on the rapid test on day 2 but they took a PCR the same day and it came back positive a few days later. Odds are though if both strep and flu came back negative short of a bad cold its covid, which is scientifically a really bad cold.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
We have had several rapid tests on everyone in the house some several days after symptoms, 3 that were send off test and all of them have come back negative.

I think over the past week and half, between 5 people 8 rapid test and 3 send off ones.

Reactions: Jackalope

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Now I have a sore throat and cough, my middle son has been dealing with it for over 2 weeks. They gave him steroid shot and antibiotics he felt a little better for 2 days now crappy again.

my youngest son had it, went to the Dr, tested for everything flu, strep, covid, all came back negative. Sent off a strep test it was negative, he had red spots on the rear of the roof of his mouth.

whatever it is, is viral so can’t treat it with antibiotics so we just wait.

we have all tested negative for covid, my question what if this is a strain that doesn’t show up in the test?
My son’s family was all sick with a GI bug 2-3 weeks ago. After 2-3 days it went away and then came back stronger. All took a Covid test and all were negative. A few days after the 2nd round went away my 4yo granddaughter woke up with swollen hands. The pediatrician told them to go to the ER right away. They threw a bunch of tests at her and couldn’t figure it out, ER doc suggested strep. The next day swelling was gone. There’s some weird crap circulating.

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Well it’s official boys. I got the vid. Started yesterday dragging a doe fawn out, got really short of breath and accompanied with aches everywhere. This morning, 103.8 fever…. Found out this morning the guy I was hunting with all weekend was positive, hence why I tested today, twice. Will keep you all posted.

Attachments

• 668EDBB0-636F-4189-9C9F-108446460A66.jpeg
    668EDBB0-636F-4189-9C9F-108446460A66.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 97
  • ADE677F1-A049-4D68-A0E3-EE21E9BA30B7.jpeg
    ADE677F1-A049-4D68-A0E3-EE21E9BA30B7.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Programed now that you have to have an answer. Test test test
The only reason I test is because my sons and I are the primary care givers for my mother who has lots of bad Comorbidities and I try my best to keep her from covid. Sadly she is in the hospital right now with some infection in her blood but no covid, but now she sure is around it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think this is the last day I am officially "quarantined". After today I can just wear a mask to "keep everyone safe". I will just continue avoiding everyone possible.

@Clay Showalter your symptoms sound exactly like what I have. Naggy cough/sinus drainage on day one. Slight fever,aches and Slept an entire day for day two. Razor blades in my throat similar to strep throat ever since. And naturally the being tired thing that goes along with it.

My son’s family was all sick with a GI bug 2-3 weeks ago. After 2-3 days it went away and then came back stronger. All took a Covid test and all were negative. A few days after the 2nd round went away my 4yo granddaughter woke up with swollen hands. The pediatrician told them to go to the ER right away. They threw a bunch of tests at her and couldn’t figure it out, ER doc suggested strep. The next day swelling was gone. There’s some weird crap circulating.
Son had those symptoms and ended up finally testing positive for both flu and C19 at the same time. He even had the brief swollen glands in his throuat and neck too.

Reactions: Ohiosam

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Look at the fuckin spin on this one.

Biden is "withdrawing" its vaccine mandate for businesses effective wednesday. Oh how fucking gracious of you, like it was your decision. How about this for a factual headline. "Supreme court finds the president oversteped his authority in an attempt to deprive Americans of their Constitutional liberties."

Biden is "withdrawing" its vaccine mandate for businesses effective wednesday. Oh how fucking gracious of you, like it was your decision. How about this for a factual headline. "Supreme court finds the president oversteped his authority in an attempt to deprive Americans of their Constitutional liberties."

But then in midnight smoky back room deals his people will lean on their people to corporately mandate the shots anyways or the Corp. loses preferred Gov. contract status...

• Angry
Reactions: hickslawns and "J"

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.

I think the phrase you’re lookin for is: That’s mighty white of him.

• Haha
Reactions: Jamie

Stressless

Keene, OH

Dude it's CNN - I'm surprised they even acknowledged it...

Reactions: Jackalope

Smawgunner2

Athens County
Welp, 2nd person close to me died of COVID. My cousin got it, went to the hospital, probably didn’t want to be admitted…stubborn old bastard, and died a few days later in his recliner. He lived alone, wasn’t vaccinated. But that was his choice and I respect it, just like my other buddy who died…didn’t want the vaccine. Both would probably say they wouldn’t get vaccinated if they had it to do over again.