Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

My neighbor has it right now. He was double vaxed and did not get it back in January when everyone else seemed to be getting it. looks like his injectable immunity wore off. I know of three people at work who recently got it for the first time also, all three vaccinated.

Reactions: Geezer II

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My entire tribe had it a couple weeks ago. I’m glad it is mild. We never contracted the bad bugs but this one seemed bad enough. Since I’m “high risk “, I was prescribed paxlovid. I got it at the first sign of symptoms. I had bad congestion for a day, neck pain for three or four, head ache, etc. By day six I was feeling good and actually had a minor surgery. That seemed to set me back a bit. The paxlovid seemed to me to be very effective.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well, the Covid finally caught up to me I believe. Think I got infected at my PT appt on Wednesday as it’d be easy to get it on those stretching bands with so many patients using them. Plus one of the therapists was wearing a mask and had been I’ll recently. My symptoms started Saturday afternoon around 2, just felt funky. Achy, slight fever and headache right behind the eyes. We had to back out of a much anticipated wedding we were invited to because I tested positive with a rapid test I took just to be safe. Glad I did that! I should have gone to CVS right then to get a Z pack I had on order but screwed the pooch on that. Lol
Symptoms have advanced to back pain and dry cough. The back pain is hard to describe, ultra sensitive feeling and dull at same time, hard to get comfortable to sleep much now. Good news is I have no more fever and not loss my senses or appetite. I will have a virtual appt later this morning and see what course of action my doctor decides to do.
Anyone here that’s gotten Covid care to share what the duration for them was from first symptoms to being able to go back to normal daily activities?

Jamie

Ohio
Well, the Covid finally caught up to me I believe. Think I got infected at my PT appt on Wednesday as it’d be easy to get it on those stretching bands with so many patients using them. Plus one of the therapists was wearing a mask and had been I’ll recently. My symptoms started Saturday afternoon around 2, just felt funky. Achy, slight fever and headache right behind the eyes. We had to back out of a much anticipated wedding we were invited to because I tested positive with a rapid test I took just to be safe. Glad I did that! I should have gone to CVS right then to get a Z pack I had on order but screwed the pooch on that. Lol
Symptoms have advanced to back pain and dry cough. The back pain is hard to describe, ultra sensitive feeling and dull at same time, hard to get comfortable to sleep much now. Good news is I have no more fever and not loss my senses or appetite. I will have a virtual appt later this morning and see what course of action my doctor decides to do.
Anyone here that’s gotten Covid care to share what the duration for them was from first symptoms to being able to go back to normal daily activities?
I've had it three times. Probably three different variants. The first time was in February of 2020 before anyone really knew about it. I had very weird body aches, fatigue, lost my sense of taste, maybe had a slight fever for half a day and headaches. I was very tired but did not stop working and the whole thing lasted for about seven days. The second time I got if from Nancy in January of 2021. She could not shake it for about three or four weeks. I was just really tired for about three or four days. Might have cost me a day of squirrel hunting or two. The last time I had it was in early January of this year, probably the Omicron variant. I had a high fever for a day, extreme fatigue for two more days total, then felt great for a couple of days, then suffered with bad fatigue for a few weeks. I have not had any respiratory symptoms from any of this and was never really very sick for more than one day. I will not bother to go out of my way to avoid Covid any more than I will to avoid seasonal flu. This is here to stay, and it is a matter of fact now that the likelihood of severe illness from Covid is extremely unlikely for any person who is not otherwise at high risk because of age, obesity, chronic health problems or, is immunocompromised for whatever reason. Never got the jab and I'm still living just fine.

I have always, for as long as I can remember, tried to eat right, stay in shape, etc. I will say that I have gained a heightened sense of awareness about my personal health in the last two years, and for me, I'm all about taking the most fundamental course of action for good health. Eating clean, getting plenty of exercise, plenty of good rest, taking a few supplements that I know I'm deficient in. In the last two years I have been diagnosed with hypertension, had a colonoscopy that involved removing some polyps, had my hip replaced and gotten hearing aids. The hourglass never stops draining, and middle age has not exactly been fabulous for me so far, but life goes on. Covid is really low on my list of things to worry about, getting lower everyday.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks Jamie.

I not having any serious problems so far which is good. Headache pain behind the eyes and this weird back pain are the two most cramping my style right now. The occasional dry cough is just annoying. Lol

Reactions: Big_Holla

P8riot

Carbon, In
My wife and I had something 2 months back. It was so bad I had to pistpone my move. There was no way I could have loaded a Penske and a trailer and then drove. I figured it was the C. Never got tested because...why? What does it do anyway 🙄 So I can update my social status to "Covid"? 🤣

I guess now I can say "I'm a survivor of the flu in 22?" That would make a good shirt...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Hope you get to feeling better. The symptoms and duration seems to be different for everyone. I had Omicron back in January. Extreme fatigue was my only symptom.

Reactions: finelyshedded
Hope you get on the mend fast!!

The first time I had it in Nov. 2020 was the worst. Had fatigue that lasted months and then the brain fog, hell I think it still affects me. That or early onset dementia :ROFLMAO: :oops: :ROFLMAO: When we came back from Florida the beginning of April I came down with a sinus cold that had a slight fever and aches. I took an over the counter test and tested negative but I am sure I had it now. Took about 2 weeks before the soreness, sinus drain and cough finally went away. Been going on 3 months now without being able to smell anything tho. Cooked BBQ chicken on the grill last night and the family was saying how great it smelled as I prepped and after I cooked. Even the smoke off the Traeger had no smell to me. Taste wasn't affected if you can believe that though.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
So the "vaccine" is still a thing? I figured that was long gone by now after all the evidence has come out.
It is. My mom just told me she is getting it. She had an orthopedic surgeon say he was getting the booster. She had a lung doctor tell her to get it. I asked if she talked to her personal doctor about it. She said she doesn't want to go there because last time he found stuff that required the lung doctor and eventually a hernia surgery. 🤣🤣🤣

Love my mom dearly. I won't argue with her. It is her body. Her money. Her decision. Her and her friends can get the booster, then sit around with their masks only covering their mouths while they chat 6-10' apart. If she is happy and feels comfy about what she is doing. . .have at it.

Just heard of another one dying who was up to date on all his boosters, had survived COVID once, and couldn't beat it the second time. Sorta makes you wonder if maybe, just maybe, it might have just been his time. God was going to take him one way or another.

In short: yes. There are people still getting boosters.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It is. My mom just told me she is getting it. She had an orthopedic surgeon say he was getting the booster. She had a lung doctor tell her to get it. I asked if she talked to her personal doctor about it. She said she doesn't want to go there because last time he found stuff that required the lung doctor and eventually a hernia surgery. 🤣🤣🤣

Love my mom dearly. I won't argue with her. It is her body. Her money. Her decision. Her and her friends can get the booster, then sit around with their masks only covering their mouths while they chat 6-10' apart. If she is happy and feels comfy about what she is doing. . .have at it.

Just heard of another one dying who was up to date on all his boosters, had survived COVID once, and couldn't beat it the second time. Sorta makes you wonder if maybe, just maybe, it might have just been his time. God was going to take him one way or another.

In short: yes. There are people still getting boosters.

If your old or have compromised health it isn't going to hurt. The benefits likely outweigh the risks. If I was over the age of 70 or had a serious health condition I would get it. It's not going to stop them from getting covid but any therapeutic help is better than nothing when it comes to the risk of getting covid without it. I have also noticed that the overwhelming majority of people who are getting covid right now are those who were vaccinated or boosted. The shot appears to be wearing off and they're getting their turn in the barrel.

P8riot

Carbon, In
Starting to wear off, was never effective in the first place, or full of something they wanted inside of us?

Here is a good google search. Kary Mullis. He was the guy who invented the PCR test who openly stated the PCR test that he knew everything about because he made it, was not accurate in testing for "Covid". But it has still been used and pushed on everyone 🤔

Reactions: Geezer II

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
If there was 1 chance in the universe that I could do anything to not bring covid into my home and family and I didn't take it I should burn in hell. That's why I took the jab. Just me. I completely respect your freedom of choice

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackalope

Jamie

Ohio
Thanks Jamie.

I not having any serious problems so far which is good. Headache pain behind the eyes and this weird back pain are the two most cramping my style right now. The occasional dry cough is just annoying. Lol
The actual point of my post might have gotten lost in my rambling. What I was trying to convey is that there is no escaping Covid 19. We are all going to contract it eventually but might not ever really become ill. How well our individual bodies handle it is, to some degree, well within our control. We need to take better care of our overall health every single day, and if we do that we greatly increase our ability to fight off any Coronavirus, influenza, etc. with or without the covid and flu shots. Sometimes we are just gonna get sick no matter what we do, and until two years ago, everyone on Earth just accepted that and went on with their life. Politically driven hysteria has overpowered common sense for far too many people with respect to covid.