Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Also...do you remember...or did you even hear about the 2 leading hydroxychloroquine plants "blowing up" shortly after Trump and Rogan made it clear thats what healed them. We are playing against a stacked hand gentlemen!!!

Two plant did catch on fire a day apart but neither of them made magnesium sterate a key ingredient in hydroxychloroquine. Those rumors are actually false bud.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Seems as if this has fact checkers debunking it already. Sounds like this has only happened in a lab. Even so, this is some of the stuff many have worried about. I guess time will tell if it is a true concern or not. I really don't know anything about the website that hosted the article. They could be legit or they could be nuts.

Reactions: finelyshedded

Smawgunner2

Athens County
We’ll shit, I thought for sure I’d dodge this thing but no luck. Came down with a real tight throat and chest, dry cough, congestion but no fever or loss of smell/taste. We had a kit laying around so I took it and sure enough 🤦. I never get sick in the summer so I knew something wasn’t right. I’ll take it again in a few days to see what’s going on. So far it’s just a nuisance.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You are not alone. Congested. Sore throat. Cough. Off and on low grade fever. Supposed to race tomorrow. Figured I should be responsible and take the home test. Yep. Tested positive. I'm on day four right now. Tomorrow is day five. It is my understanding, the CDC says you are no longer contagious after 5 days. Too bad I didn't get this a day earlier. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
From the cases I know of personally, the recent infection all seem to be those who haven't had it yet, or we're vaccinated and haven't had it. I'm not seeing anyone with natural immunity getting it. Is this the first for you guys @Smawgunner2 and @hickslawns

Outside

The Plaquenil melt reaction only has two raw materials, and one solvent: Dichloroquinalone, Hydroxy-novo-diamine, and Toluene. The chemistry of that reaction has remained unchanged from about 1950, until 2005. In 2005, the formulation was 'improved' (adjusted raw material ratios, to reduce side chain reactions, associated with retinal damage). It's been running that way from 2005, until now, in Rensselaer, NY. The entire supply for the US can be made in about 6 months, but the manufacturer competes with material made in India & China. If there is a 'shortage' I'd be surprised. - I rebuilt the reactor for it in 2005.

Outside

Almost all of it goes to treat folks who suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis. It stopped being used for Malaria, in the 80's when the WHO gave tons of it away, and resistance to it flourished in Africa. The RED ARROW points to the Building where its made.
Capture.JPG

JARHEAD

Behind you
Wow! Good to hear some info from someone who seems to know what their talking about and not talking out of their ass and spreading false truths.

Outside

Since all of it goes to Arthritis, and much of that is administerd without Cardiac Support, the fables of 'Dangerous HCQ' are non-sense. The most common side effect was eye trouble, not cardiac issues. Most all of the folks worried about it failed to read the package inserts.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We're seeing natural immunity working in our house right now. All 5 of us have been exposed multiple times in the last 3 weeks as it once again sweeps through the area. Knock on wood, nothing here yet, so I'm feeling good about being a "true blood" and still walking upright!
Good stuff. I'm looking at this second round of COVID as a booster. No side effects of the shot. Hopefully none from the Rona. Should give me some additional immunities? I hope. Lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Good stuff. I'm looking at this second round of COVID as a booster. No side effects of the shot. Hopefully none from the Rona. Should give me some additional immunities? I hope. Lol

How long ago did you have your first case of it?

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
We're seeing natural immunity working in our house right now. All 5 of us have been exposed multiple times in the last 3 weeks as it once again sweeps through the area. Knock on wood, nothing here yet, so I'm feeling good about being a "true blood" and still walking upright!
Thats great news - how did you all acquire a natural immunity ?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I am one of those who weren’t vaccinated and hadn’t been infected with the virus or any of the variants until 6/25 this year. Symptoms consisted of low grade fever(<99.5 degrees), chills and body aches for a day, headache pain behind both eyes, dry cough, watery eyes, sneezing and runny nose being the earliest signs. Started taking Paxlovid on Monday the 27th and all symptoms were gone by day 6. I tested positive for 11 days. Knock on wood I’ve not had any rebound since taking Paxlovid.

Note: I’ve been taking zinc, D3 all through the past 2.5 years and add Quercetin when my allergies acted up or if I felt I may have been exposed. I’ve not experienced loss of taste or smell so far through this pandemic.

Last edited: