Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2020 doves

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Fun evening
IMG_20200906_194643727.jpg

CCRedfish

Columbus
Hey y’all, just moved to the Columbus area from South Texas. Poor timing on my part...misses opening day in both places. Itching to get out and waste a bunch of ammo. What’s a good/best resource to find land in my area to hunt these flying poppers?

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Welcome aboard! I’d go on the ODNR website and check out the public hunting areas near you. Also, you could ask people you know/co-workers if there are any farmers in the area that’ll let you hunt. Lastly, you could go knock on doors in good looking places, but that’ll take some time. Good luck.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Some farms have started cutting silage. Drive around and find a fresh-cut field and get permission ASAP. They are hammering those fields right now.

Reactions: giles

Isaacorps

Columbus
Hey y’all, just moved to the Columbus area from South Texas. Poor timing on my part...misses opening day in both places. Itching to get out and waste a bunch of ammo. What’s a good/best resource to find land in my area to hunt these flying poppers?
Welcome! What part of Columbus? I’m of absolutely no help re: dove hunting but glad to have you

OO2

In the Uplands
Anyone hunting them opening day today? Will the weather mess with them at all today? Looks pretty windy to me but I have no clue.