Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Muzzleloader Season

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
No wind in flatlands?!

Not much of anything. 4mph all day
Screenshot_20210102-103124_iWindsurf.jpg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Sitting here eating a nice hardy lunch at the moment after doing some good wood work this morning. Still no shots heard.

Anyways, cut me up some more deadfall in the area to get me through the next few days after I sharpened up my chain for the saw.
20210102_121226.jpg

Then I wheel barreled it all to the workshop, split & stacked & replenished the woodstove for my spoiled mutts. I love'em all!
20210102_121559.jpg

Right after I finish up my lunch, I'm gonna go get cleaned up, load up the pickup, then head down the road to the property that I'll be hunting this evening.

Already spoke to the land owner earlier this morning. Said that they have plans on doing some work out at the barn this afternoon near where I park and hoped that they don't disturb any of the deer for me. I hope so too, but it is what it is and regardless, I'm looking forward to some relaxation within my blind here shortly.

Super nice landowner that I've known now for nearly 15 years. I do believe the deer will still make their way out to feed during that magical hour. Hope to take another good eater.

So, to all those that will be out this evening, I wish you all the best of luck and hope you're successful in what you're after!

Be safe out there & have fun!

Last edited:

eloucha

Columbus Ohio
Sitting here eating a nice hardy lunch at the moment after doing some good wood work this morning. Still no shots heard.

Anyways, cut me up some more deadfall in the area to get me through the next few days after I sharpened up my chain for the saw.
View attachment 117855

Then I wheel barreled it all to the workshop, split & stacked & replenished the woodstove for my spoiled mutts. I love'em all!
View attachment 117856

Right after I finish up my lunch, I'm gonna go get cleaned up, load up the pickup, then head down the road to the property that I'll be hunting this evening.

Already spoke to the land owner earlier this morning. Said that they have plans on doing some work out at the barn this afternoon near where I park and hoped that they don't disturb any of the deer for me. I hope so too, but it is what it is and regardless, I'm looking forward to some relaxation within my blind here shortly.

Super nice landowner that I've known now for nearly 15 years. I do believe the deer will still make their way out to feed during that magical hour. Hope to take another good eater.

So, to all those that will be out this evening, I wish you all the best of luck and hope you're successful in what you're after!

Be safe out there & have fun!

Are you going to post it on ur page u tube any new video. ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Are you going to post it on ur page u tube any new video. ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I will be filming with the Tactacam on the scope of the muzzleloader if an opportunity presents itself.

Let me add, that is if the deer are still visible. Usually though, when the last 1/2 hour settles in, the film at times does not turn out because of the darkness.

Reactions: eloucha

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Just now settled in.
20210102_153700.jpg

Wind is good however, landowner is still working in & around the barn to the North, approximately 300 yards away, and the neighbor just to the South is repeatedly firing off what sounds to be some serious heavy rifle rounds, big cannons. Been that way since I arrived just after 3:00 p.m.

Oh well, gonna make the best of it. Hopefully each of them will settle down here shortly, and the deer still feel like eating just before quitting time. I shall see.

Good luck to everyone else that's out this evening!