Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2022 Solid water

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
20220114_124424.jpg

OO2

In the Uplands
Anyone have any experience on lake st Clair? I have some good experience/ spots smallie fishing when the water isn’t frozen but not a clue on the ice.

It's been a while but we have fished it here and there on the hard water. Mostly for perch out of Geno's (access closed now) and up by where we live in Anchor Bay. I usually go on Michigan Sportsman when I am thinking about going to check which launches are best to come out from. Parking lot had several vehicles this morning before daylight at the Fair Haven launch up on the NE part of the bay. Haven't really thought much about going this year yet.

Reactions: OO2

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Never targeted but you will catch bass. Don't know about small mouth though. Fished St. Clair but on the Canadian side. It was a hot spot and still might be. Mitchells bay at a place called Bass Haven was our access point. Awesome blue gill and crappie with a few pike.

Reactions: OO2

OO2

In the Uplands
I’ve been out at buckeye a couple times. FFB. Complete ice rookie.

Lost a nice saugeye at the hole. Felt like watching a 5lb smallmouth jump and throw my crank after sitting on the ice a couple hours. Got bit on a venom fire tiger blade bait deadsticked while I was playing with the heater 😂
F16C6053-9A3B-4F9B-BF85-992C0730C962.jpeg
7C50AF21-6058-4458-9B76-D4D5D450CC06.jpeg