Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB 3-d target

swamp_donkey819

looking for a cheap used 3-d deer target, something not all shot up to where a kids bow can shoot through it but something that someone might have upgraded from and just has sittin around. also might be looking for a set of cheap sights and a drop away rest

swamp_donkey819

thanks for the link those are some awesome deals, was wondering about sights is it alright to move the individual pins i can get my first pin at 20 yards but my second pin at 30 is off and i dont wanna move the whole sight and throw my first pin off. would i be better off just sighting in each individual pin so i know the yardage for each one without throwing the other ones off ?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
thanks for the link those are some awesome deals, was wondering about sights is it alright to move the individual pins i can get my first pin at 20 yards but my second pin at 30 is off and i dont wanna move the whole sight and throw my first pin off. would i be better off just sighting in each individual pin so i know the yardage for each one without throwing the other ones off ?

Yep. That's how everyone does it.. Move the sight to sight in the first pin. Then move the pins individually to sight in the rest. :)

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
ok i wasnt real sure, first pin is dead on and at 30 yards i have a low shot with arrows spaced out like not as tight of a pattern

I usually start at 10-15 yards just to be sure I don't have something real fuggered up, the once the group is tight there, back off to 20. your 10-15 and 20-25 is probably going to be the same pin depending on your bow. I'm not sure that I would want my first pin at 30 though, unless you are target shooting long range.

20,30,40 is where mine is set at. Unless you have zero drop in the arrow from 0-30 yards, I would start a little lower on your yardage, like 15 or 20. Just my two cents.

swamp_donkey819

yea i got it at 20-30-40 yards but my bow is far from shooting like a newer pse so i prolly wont take many 40 yard shots, just dont feel confident enough making a long shot with that im only shooting around 260 with a hunting setup so i figured 20 ford first and 30 for second and 40 for the just in case pin. at 10 yards the arrows are pretty much touching each other, when i get to 20-30 they are about an in apart sometimes lil more

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
yea i got it at 20-30-40 yards but my bow is far from shooting like a newer pse so i prolly wont take many 40 yard shots, just dont feel confident enough making a long shot with that im only shooting around 260 with a hunting setup so i figured 20 ford first and 30 for second and 40 for the just in case pin. at 10 yards the arrows are pretty much touching each other, when i get to 20-30 they are about an in apart sometimes lil more

That's not bad, at 20-30 an inch or so is still a dead deer.