Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A buddy could use your

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
AEB75CD6-1EE3-4020-8977-52318792FC39.jpeg

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, I could probably say 10K words after my visit. He’s doing well for the situation he came out of. Still a looong road too hull. Starts some rehab tomorrow, still has the trach in and can’t talk. Although they put a speaking valve in yesterday for an hour and you could understand him. He used a dry eraser board when we were there.
His employer has been remarkable and kudos too them. The dirt bag is in jail lawered up. Law enforcement had some what of a hand in the whole debacle but that’s for another day.
He’s in good spirits and thankful too be alive. His wife said thank you too y’all for all the prayers and well wishes. He’s got a good attitude and he’ll be okay down the road regardless of the condition of his body.
His chicken scratch handwriting needs some work and we busted his balls the whole time about it. His high school and mine were rivals back in the day and I kept reminding him his handwriting showed where he graduated from 😂😂😂😂
He would just flip me off and mouth FU 😂

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well it’s been a while since I updated this. He was moved to a nursing home to complete his therapy. Ended up back in the hospital Friday due to blood clots in his leg. Should be released this week back too the facility to finish rehab and then get released for home hopefully within the next 2 weeks. He’s still maintaining his sense of humor. We have a group text going and keeping him entertained. His wife keeps us posted on everything that’s going on as he hasn’t wanted too talk about it too much. So we keep it light and him laughing.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
He’s home, he’s on the mend, he’s gone out and replaced his boat. I thinks he’s back too somewhat normal....
He has a doctors visit Friday, he’s asking if he can go fishing with an asshole from NC. We’ll see what the Doc says 😂
Bill and a couple other buddies are planning on coming down the first week of April to do some fishing on Norman. It’ll be nice too get together and wet some lines with them.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well ole Bill is back to about 90%. He’s working (yeah he ain’t the brightest bulb out there) 😂 But, he’s training and no route just observing new hires. Enjoying fishing again and just glad he’s on this side of the grass...
Was hoping he was just going too retire but he still can’t ride the bike so that may be why. We’ll see how this all washes out.

mike hunt

Glad your buddy's doing good, after high school almost 40 years ago one of my buddies got hit and killed. Never found who hit him, Can you imagine living with hitting someone and leaving them to die, wtf?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Glad your buddy's doing good, after high school almost 40 years ago one of my buddies got hit and killed. Never found who hit him, Can you imagine living with hitting someone and leaving them to die, wtf?
No I couldn’t! That’s beyond comprehension 😳

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
There’s a special place in hell for POS‘s like that.

Reactions: giles