Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A&E's "Duck Dynasty"

Duck Commander

Thanks for the welcome guys. I really wish I had found this forum earlier. Usually forums have a hefty amount of haters that throws off how great the good folks are. Not saying there aren't any DC Haters on TOO because I'm sure there are a few but it's nice to see a thread every now and then that has nothing but good things to say.

@JBrown: Well I'm not Willie or Jase so no worries. They wouldn't care either way, they know they can't be everyone's cup of tea.

@cotty16 - huntn2: Thanks guys. Over the years we've seen a lot of shows/brands that don't stay in touch with their fans very well and we think that's important in order to relate to fans. If a company never reaches out to their customers/fans, the fans won't stay around long. It's why Facebook/Twitter is so important these days.

So how did everyone's duck/Deer season go this year?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Deer season was a wash, but I had a great duck season! This was the first year I put a good bit of effort in to it and we managed to take ducks/geese on all of the trips this year. The last hunt of the year was textbook and I had one of my most memorable kills of my short career. I also found a couple great spots of my own this year, so I won't have to piggy back off my buddies spots come next season! One spot is perfect for a blind like the DC crew uses and that is going to be a fun summer project. As my deer hunting seems to get worse, the waterfowling steps up and keeps the blood flowing!!!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Ha, I've never hunted waterfowl a day in my life, but still enjoy watching DC. There's more to that show than just killing, and that's one of the reasons I watch.

Welcome to the site!

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Hunted waterfowl for the first time this year. Only went 2 days on a trip back east for Christmas. Hunted where DE, MD and PA all meet and had a blast.

Deer was my worst season to date...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Ha, I've never hunted waterfowl a day in my life, but still enjoy watching DC. There's more to that show than just killing, and that's one of the reasons I watch.

Welcome to the site!

X2

I have never hunted waterfowl either but I enjoy the DC shows when I can catch them on.

Welcome to the site DC and I hope to see you post more as time goes on. Tips, tricks, and helpful hints are what keeps us all here. Of course some of the great stories as well as pictures help TOO lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

Welcome to the site!

Same here. Just like there is more to your show than "just killing", there is more to this site than just killing. Probably why you see such an active crowd after season. This is more than just a hunting forum, it is a lifestyle. We are not just a group of people only on the site for the season. We hunt all year, but we can only harvest in season. Check out our promotional pages and videos. It will give you a good idea of what we are all about.

Anyone have a quick link to the harvest video? Might help the DC crew learn a bit about us without digging all over the website with their limited time available to "hangout on hunting forums."

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Welcome to TOO DC! really great to see ya on here and hope ya hang around, I can honestly say that DC is one of my favorite shows and will be looking forward to your new show on A&E.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not sure I would call what we do here "duck hunting" compared to how you guys have it down there ;)

Ha! No doubt, man. Compared to those Lousiana boys, nothing here in Ohio is what I would call duck hunting. lmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ha! No doubt, man. Compared to those Lousiana boys, nothing here in Ohio is what I would call duck hunting. lmao

Growing up in the Ms delta around Vicksburg I would often go to my uncles duck club with him to hunt. After hunting that flooded timber or a open slough back in a Cyprus swamp. It's hard for me to get in to duck hunting here in Ohio. The geese here have perked my interest though.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Growing up in the Ms delta around Vicksburg I would often go to my uncles duck club with him to hunt. After hunting that flooded timber or a open slough back in a Cyprus swamp. It's hard for me to get in to duck hunting here in Ohio. The geese here have perked my interest though.

Yea you're spoiled for life, buddy. Geese are everywhere here in Ohio, though. If only the DOW would let you kill more than 2 a day in the late season...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yea you're spoiled for life, buddy. Geese are everywhere here in Ohio, though. If only the DOW would let you kill more than 2 a day in the late season...

In La they have snows thicker than nutria rats. 20 a day limit and no possession limit... I think they can only shoot 2 canadians also though

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
There are so many geese inside Columbus city limits in retainment ponds, its not even funny...

I drove from Toledo & back today... there are sooo many geese right now along that stretch of 23 & I-75 it's crazy. I can't wait for next season to get here.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I drove from Toledo & back today... there are sooo many geese right now along that stretch of 23 & I-75 it's crazy. I can't wait for next season to get here.

Doing that trip right now and have seen the geese yor talking about lmao. just hit 75 and bet there has been a thousand or so I have seen in the ponds next to the highway lol. All this open water this year had to hurt you guys hunting this year but will help the duck numbers grow for next year ?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I saw over a thousand geese yesterday along St. Rt. 7 between Marietta and New Martinsville, WV. No doubting there are plenty of geese to go around!!!