Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Absentee ballot

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mom and a couple friends drove to the board of elections last week. As in a few days ago. She said no wait outside. A few people distanced inside she had to wait on. All three of them were out in under 10-15 minutes. This includes waiting on those in line in front of them. They are in their 70's and wanted to avoid long lines at the voting precinct location they are assigned. Sounded like a decent plan. I'm not doing it because I hate driving into the shithole which Lima is.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
As you all know we've moved to a new state. We can't establish residency here and register to vote before the election. So my wife and I filled out our request for an Ohio absentee ballot back in August. They took two weeks to send us a letter saying that the address requested doesn't match our registered voting address. Two years ago we moved two miles down the road. They took it upon themselves to update our address based on our change of address with the post office. And we did not check the box to update voter registration. Here's the shitty thing. I still voted previously at my old percent location, with my old license showing my old address and was right there in the books. Fast forward to today and it's suddenly a problem. Anyway we requested them again in early September. After having not received them I called and they said everything looks good but they don't start mailing them until the first of October. Fast forward to today. Still no ballots. I called. My wife's is on the way and was mailed on the 6th. Mine was returned because it was missing the state.... Say what? Yeah. They forgot to put the state in the address. It's supposedly been corrected and I have another one coming in the mail. 🙄🙄

Reactions: Big_Holla

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
As you all know we've moved to a new state. We can't establish residency here and register to vote before the election. So my wife and I filled out our request for an Ohio absentee ballot back in August. They took two weeks to send us a letter saying that the address requested doesn't match our registered voting address. Two years ago we moved two miles down the road. They took it upon themselves to update our address based on our change of address with the post office. And we did not check the box to update voter registration. Here's the shitty thing. I still voted previously at my old percent location, with my old license showing my old address and was right there in the books. Fast forward to today and it's suddenly a problem. Anyway we requested them again in early September. After having not received them I called and they said everything looks good but they don't start mailing them until the first of October. Fast forward to today. Still no ballots. I called. My wife's is on the way and was mailed on the 6th. Mine was returned because it was missing the state.... Say what? Yeah. They forgot to put the state in the address. It's supposedly been corrected and I have another one coming in the mail. 🙄🙄
Dang that sucks - hope you and the wife get to vote

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dang that sucks - hope you and the wife get to vote

She will. He assures me mine will be here in time. But this is coming from the same people who left the state off the address. I would swing in to the board of elections when I'm back in Ohio on Thursday but I've already switched my drivers license. I could show them my passport and a couple utility bills from the old address. That would probably work.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The wife and I went in for the early voting. In and out in 15 minutes. Probably 30-40 people were there that had the same idea. One lady in line tried in another area and it was closed. All in all was a painlessly easy process. Computerized and you print and scan your ballot.
Mostly retirees there volunteering and they were well versed on the procedures. An enjoyable experience for my first voting in NC....
553A145A-0674-46EE-BDBA-4CF9B21FE66C.jpeg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dropped boxed mine at the board of elections - then tracked it - said "received for tabulation with date"

Remember on the 12th when I called them and they told me they messed mine up and it was returned because they forgot to put the state on it. So they would mail it to me again. And then they told me they mailed my wife's on Oct 6th with no problem. Both showed up today postmarked Oct 2nd.

As bubbles says.

04c2db5bc52fc7dc3747e4e60e6382da.jpg

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I always vote through the mail because I’m always in Ohio hunting on Election Day. This year everyone in NJ has to vote via mail in ballot....at least that’s what my wife said she saw on the local news station. We dropped ours off yesterday...2 votes for Trump!👍

Reactions: "J" and Jamie