Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Adjustable Single Pin?

Fletch

Supporting Member
Been shooting a single pin all my life.. Nothing special... I always hunt the thick shit and never have a shot over 30-35 yds... One pin does the trick at that distance...The less clutter the better...

Reactions: Spencie and Cogz

angelzd28

Before next year I'm making the switch to a single pin. My last bow had 3 pins and now I shoot a 5 pin, set to 20, 30 , 40 , 50 , 60. Its too much clutter. I self admittedly get buck fever pretty bad and the pins blur, even on a 20 yd shot. Cost me a buck this year at 30 yds, I was on the ground and shot right over his back.............pretty much made the decision right after that. Lots of good info here.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Try a larger pin gap. Way too many people get locked into set yardages.. my first pin is 30, 37, 42, 50. The kill zone is huge on a white tail.. practice, remember your failure tendencies and make your setup work to those known weakness. My difference between a 20 yard deer and 30 yard deer is only a couple inches of hold on the mid line of a deer. I know I guess long on distance so I hold a touch above midline.